By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony isn't 100% sure The Last Guardian will release next year

 

Are you still excited?

Yes 107 50.23%
 
No 41 19.25%
 
So much hype out of nothing... 65 30.52%
 
Total:213
pbroy said:
Hiku said:

Good amount of confidence = Not 100% sure?

Well duh, you can never be 100% sure about anything.


Even if you use a condum?

Haha, nope, not even them. Says on the back 99.7% "if" used correctly :P



Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
pbroy said:
Hiku said:

Good amount of confidence = Not 100% sure?

Well duh, you can never be 100% sure about anything.


Even if you use a condum?


100% confirmed.

I have living proof condums do no work 100% of the time.



psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Unless Sony or MS confirm a date after they show their games, I become skeptical if they will actually come out after a year, and I actually expect delays. So I wouldn't be surprised if TLG or Horizon get delayed.



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Unless Sony or MS confirm a date after they show their games, I become skeptical if they will actually come out after a year, and I actually expect delays. So I wouldn't be surprised if TLG or Horizon get delayed.

I feel like based on what was shown for Horizon, at least what they showed seemed pretty polished and in good shape in terms of gameplay and overall presentation. At the moment, I can't find reason to doubt that probably a mid-2016 release date is probable for Horizon unless the developers come out and say that the game is being delayed. TLG seems cursed to be delayed though, so that one couldn't possibly surprise me.



 

twintail said:
Sharu said:

I'm a bit worried about the line about AI I bolded. If they weren't sure on the AI behavior in such a short segment, and thats the reason they got a trailer not a live persentation... Its all just very strange... 

Do you cry foul for every game in a Nintendo direct because it's all video and not live? 

This



Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
MoHasanie said:
Unless Sony or MS confirm a date after they show their games, I become skeptical if they will actually come out after a year, and I actually expect delays. So I wouldn't be surprised if TLG or Horizon get delayed.

I feel like based on what was shown for Horizon, at least what they showed seemed pretty polished and in good shape in terms of gameplay and overall presentation. At the moment, I can't find reason to doubt that probably a mid-2016 release date is probable for Horizon unless the developers come out and say that the game is being delayed. TLG seems cursed to be delayed though, so that one couldn't possibly surprise me.

I would agree with you except The Division, Watch dogs and DriveClub had solid gameplay showings. Watch Dogs came out 2+ years after it's gameplay reveal. The Division STILL isn't out, gameplay showing happened over 2 years ago now. DriveClub was released almost 2 years after it's gameplay showing and the promised PS+ version STILL isn't out.

Just because they show gameplay, even polished gameplay, doesn't necessarily mean it is coming soon. It's better than a CGI trailer mind you.



XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

LuckyTrouble said:
This just tells me that the game is in a precarious position right now where the developers could have it ready for 2016, but they aren't confident that everything as they currently have it set up is how they'll want it in the final version, adding some ambiguity to their timeline. If the game comes in 2016, expect a late 2016 release. It honestly doesn't sound like they're more than 50% or 60% through the overall development cycle, and that's okay. A slight delay into early 2017 really can't hurt the game at this point.

That would mean that it released 10yrs after development started. That's insane!



Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

NathObeaN said:
LuckyTrouble said:
MoHasanie said:
Unless Sony or MS confirm a date after they show their games, I become skeptical if they will actually come out after a year, and I actually expect delays. So I wouldn't be surprised if TLG or Horizon get delayed.

I feel like based on what was shown for Horizon, at least what they showed seemed pretty polished and in good shape in terms of gameplay and overall presentation. At the moment, I can't find reason to doubt that probably a mid-2016 release date is probable for Horizon unless the developers come out and say that the game is being delayed. TLG seems cursed to be delayed though, so that one couldn't possibly surprise me.

I would agree with you except The Division, Watch dogs and DriveClub had solid gameplay showings. Watch Dogs came out 2+ years after it's gameplay reveal. The Division STILL isn't out, gameplay showing happened over 2 years ago now. DriveClub was released almost 2 years after it's gameplay showing and the promised PS+ version STILL isn't out.

Just because they show gameplay, even polished gameplay, doesn't necessarily mean it is coming soon. It's better than a CGI trailer mind you.

Fair enough. Game development is a pretty fickle thing, and although these massive delays are exceptions even in the world of delays, it isn't as if I can pretend they didn't happen or aren't currently still happening.



 

tokilamockingbrd said:
OP.

I feel like I am on Fox News. I saw a provocative headline. Read it. And then realized the headline was just there to make me click.


Should be a rule against posting such articles and than claiming "well it isn't my opiniojn i just copy and pasted some troll opinion of the net". Forum topics should have some original material not just copy and paste.



LuckyTrouble said:
NathObeaN said:
LuckyTrouble said:
MoHasanie said:
Unless Sony or MS confirm a date after they show their games, I become skeptical if they will actually come out after a year, and I actually expect delays. So I wouldn't be surprised if TLG or Horizon get delayed.

I feel like based on what was shown for Horizon, at least what they showed seemed pretty polished and in good shape in terms of gameplay and overall presentation. At the moment, I can't find reason to doubt that probably a mid-2016 release date is probable for Horizon unless the developers come out and say that the game is being delayed. TLG seems cursed to be delayed though, so that one couldn't possibly surprise me.

I would agree with you except The Division, Watch dogs and DriveClub had solid gameplay showings. Watch Dogs came out 2+ years after it's gameplay reveal. The Division STILL isn't out, gameplay showing happened over 2 years ago now. DriveClub was released almost 2 years after it's gameplay showing and the promised PS+ version STILL isn't out.

Just because they show gameplay, even polished gameplay, doesn't necessarily mean it is coming soon. It's better than a CGI trailer mind you.

Fair enough. Game development is a pretty fickle thing, and although these massive delays are exceptions even in the world of delays, it isn't as if I can pretend they didn't happen or aren't currently still happening.

We can only hope that developers and publishes stop giving us BS and start coming clean about when a game is coming out. It's down to 2 things, either it's a deliberate lie or its poor management. Either way, these companies need to get their act together. Let's hope this generation isn't plagued by more delays :)



XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN