By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony isn't 100% sure The Last Guardian will release next year

Are you still excited?

Yes 107 50.23%

No 41 19.25%

So much hype out of nothing... 65 30.52%

Total:213

What they're basically saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility that it won't be ready for next year.

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, I can understand not getting the game this year, but the fact that they're not even sure about next year surprises me a little.

With the game kinda being far in the background for the longest time, and finally being shown at E3, I would've assumed that the game has had a lot of developement, but I guess they're far from done.

I'm a bit worried about the line about AI I bolded. If they weren't sure on the AI behavior in such a short segment, and thats the reason they got a trailer not a live persentation... Its all just very strange... 

Ueda played it live at a press briefing, we already got reports from journalists who saw it. He even died once cause he didn't catch Trico's tail in that scene on the demo. 

U4 was the only live demo anyway.

This just tells me that the game is in a precarious position right now where the developers could have it ready for 2016, but they aren't confident that everything as they currently have it set up is how they'll want it in the final version, adding some ambiguity to their timeline. If the game comes in 2016, expect a late 2016 release. It honestly doesn't sound like they're more than 50% or 60% through the overall development cycle, and that's okay. A slight delay into early 2017 really can't hurt the game at this point.

The title is fucking shifty. Reading the article it seems they are confident of a 2016 release for TLG

twintail said:
Sharu said:

I'm a bit worried about the line about AI I bolded. If they weren't sure on the AI behavior in such a short segment, and thats the reason they got a trailer not a live persentation... Its all just very strange... 

Do you cry foul for every game in a Nintendo direct because it's all video and not live? 

Yes. And plush dolls instead of live Iwata, Miamoto and Reggie made me cry all night long.

Around the Network

there seems to be a lot of stuff coming out next year so maybe that's why there rethinking a 2016 release.

Hiku said:
Good amount of confidence = Not 100% sure?

Well, yes. Unless they say they are certain or they say they are 100% sure, they are not 100% sure. That doesn't mean they're only 50% sure, or only 75% sure, rather, they just aren't 100% sure right now.

the-pi-guy said:
Mystro-Sama said:
What they're basically saying is that it's not out of the realm of possibility that it won't be ready for next year.

Which is actually true for any game. 

But apparently we have to overreact because it's the last guardian. lol

of course they're not 100% sure, lol.

Mystro-Sama said:
the-pi-guy said:

Which is actually true for any game. 

But apparently we have to overreact because it's the last guardian. lol

To be fair, when you've been burned before, you become hesitant to believe anything said pertaining to the same subject as true lol