By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction : PS4 will win sept+oct+nov+dec NPD

September will go to Sony if they have a strong Metal Gear push. If Microsoft doesn't win October with Halo 5 releasing then there is something very very wrong. November will probably be Sony with Battlefront and COD bundles. December is up in the air.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

I don't have the certainty for anything about those sales but maybe NA will give the edge to Xbone. Of course, I could be wrong.

Don't take the bet, you'll lose for certain. You do realise that the PS4 won last Christmas don't you?

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:

I can understand you believe it could ( though PS4 have assassin's creed + uncharted collection, that + a price cut would be enough to counter Halo)  for october but there is absolutely no way in november with Star Wars + COD

Meh.

I predict a XB1 pricedrop on November, and a crazy black friday deals... CoD even if now is for PS is still super strong on XBOX, and i think you overestimate Battlefront...

I also think will be close, the PS4 can of course win, but definitively is not "no way" as you think...

I also think XB1 will be down and PS4 up YOY. So:

1.24m > XB1 > PS4 > 840k

PS4 price drop is likely too it seems, it could do jsut like X1 last year with deals on AC bundle and COD+ star wars
COD is only strong on xbox because htey have the exclusive deals, the annual fans, those who will want to play first the DLC for competition( very important to them) will buy it on PS4, so it will have a much stronger effect on PS4, just like it had on X1 last year.

You'll be very surprised by battlefront then, even more by the double effect with movie marketing, you underestimate Star Wars fans !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Unless they have even crazier deals than last year, i dont see them winning

September is Sony's easily.

Reverse may happen in October.

November will be more fierce than it ever has been in quite some time for consoles. Either has the potential to take this month.

December should be Sony's, but not by much.

Overall though, Sony sadly cannot win all of the holiday based NPD's. If anything, November is a month that I really would like to compare to years past to see how well it stacks up against some of the all time greats. Time will tell though.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:

I can understand you believe it could ( though PS4 have assassin's creed + uncharted collection, that + a price cut would be enough to counter Halo)  for october but there is absolutely no way in november with Star Wars + COD

Meh.

I predict a XB1 pricedrop on November, and a crazy black friday deals... CoD even if now is for PS is still super strong on XBOX, and i think you overestimate Battlefront...

I also think will be close, the PS4 can of course win, but definitively is not "no way" as you think...

I also think XB1 will be down and PS4 up YOY. So:

1.24m > XB1 > PS4 > 840k

PS4 price drop is likely too it seems, it could do jsut like X1 last year with deals on AC bundle and COD+ star wars
COD is only strong on xbox because htey have the exclusive deals, the annual fans, those who will want to play first the DLC for competition( very important to them) will buy it on PS4, so it will have a much stronger effect on PS4, just like it had on X1 last year.

You'll be very surprised by battlefront then, even more by the double effect with movie marketing, you underestimate Star Wars fans !

Yeah, but is most likely in September the PS4 pricedrop for me, and still, MS is just more crazy than Sony with the deals, you know.

Well, we will see, but as i already said, don't be so sure...

And i will go with 3m sold in Nov NPD for Battlefront... Considering Advanced Warfare sold 4.7m, seem right.

ArchangelMadzz said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I don't have the certainty for anything about those sales but maybe NA will give the edge to Xbone. Of course, I could be wrong.

Would thou be willing to bet? ;)

Nope lol I am talking about feelings here. Actually, I would love to be wrong on this one and see PS4 emerge victorious.

GribbleGrunger said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Don't take the bet, you'll lose for certain. You do realise that the PS4 won last Christmas don't you?

Yep, but last Xmas didn't have a Halo and that is one of the best selling franchises in videogame history. I am not sure if Halo's selling strength will be completely there for this new entry but it should help Xbone a lot. I can't see other franchise helping Xbone as much as Halo, apart from a very important 3rd party exclusive or Minecraft 2 exclusive.

I never take sales bets. XD I can't trust other people on the integrity of my account but thank you for the advice. I might as well be wrong and Sony owns Xmas as well and I won't be sad at all for that. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Battlefront game of E3 for IGN too :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFsP_ijjzQ

Maybe with a price cut and enough stock.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ryng_Tolu said:

September = PS4 by abissal margin

October = XB1 by a huge margin

November = XB1 by a smaller margin

December = PS4 by a smaller margin

Sep to Dec = PS4 by a smaller margin... Not more than 10/15 % imo.

This. Plus there is a very good chance that Microsoft will underutilize aka waste their Fallout 4 / Tomb Raider marketing / exclusivity deal. Its what they have done with other third party games.