By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction : PS4 will win sept+oct+nov+dec NPD

It seems kinda obvious to me now, especially after this amazing conference, all these popular IP brought back to life made a huge positive buzz for the console. ( 8M of views for Final Fantasy VII remake, second most popular game of E3)

And with the exclusive marketing deal on COD and Battlefront ( without even couting asassin's creed and MGS ) will make it win by a good margin.

Halo is big yes  it didnt made a big impression like Star Wars Battlefront, the most popular game on E3 ( 10M of views for the trailer) , this huge marketing deal will be at least as big system seller than Halo ( we saw how marketing deals can be important with Destiny), with the release of Star Wars movie, it will have an other second effect in december, star wars fans waited 10 years for that so the hype around all Star Wars things will be crazy, especially for a game with an insane fidelity to star wars atmosphere/visuals/sounds/effect , you just feel like you are in the movie.

And  with COD... I guess you know how big is COD, it made X1 win last year with Assassin's Creed

There are also Tomb Raider ( but now everyone know it will be on PS4, and it wont be big system seller among all these big games ) and Forza( not really a big system seller too ) and the Fallout 4 deal ( we saw that outside COD deals, the others are pretty much useless, PS4  stay ahead or  has a bigger boost despite X1 deals in most cases )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I don't know man, I think Xbone is going to win the holidays thanks to NA.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I agree because two new ps4 models got leaked: a white ps4 500gb for 350$ and a new 1 tb model for 400$

And with an equal price to the Xbox one and Sony having the biggest marketing deals, they should be able to win it 

Conference was great, yes, but Microsoft unveiled more titles, that will come this year.
Since most games Sony has shown are coming 2016+ I don't think it is so obvious that PS4 will lead following months.

I really don't think battlefront will have that big of an impact. Definitely not enough to counter halo. I'm pretty sure Xbox will win halo month, not sure about the rest.

Around the Network

That will be a tall order. As everyone knows Microsoft plays to win during the holiday season and has a couple of big hitters coming at that time. I would suspect they will win both Nov. and Dec. However, if Sony gets more aggressive than they typically are during that time frame I can see them pulling an upset in possibly one of the months. Hard for me to think they have a shot at sweeping the holidays season though.

Is Halo coming out on October? If so, this is a lock for XB1, I guess.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It'll most likely not happen either way, but it certainly won't happen without a price drop.

There's a strong possibility of this happening. Especially if Sony announces a price cut in October to combat Halo.

September = PS4 by abissal margin

October = XB1 by a huge margin

November = XB1 by a smaller margin

December = PS4 by a smaller margin

SEP+OCT+NOV+DEC = i will go with PS4, but by a smaller margin... Not more than 10/15 % imo.