By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Didn't Sony Win E3 Hands down?

Because those people like japanese game to a lesser extend or not at all therefor they view BC as more important than the 3 revived franchises

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Because people have different opinions.  

Whether due to silly bias, or because the games genuinely do/don't interest them.  

Lots of people love The Last Guardian because they loved the previous 2, and lots of people love Halo, and I wasn't particularly enthralled by either one.  

It also helps that both conferences had a lot of buts for a lot of games.  

"The Last Guardian was shown, but it could get delayed again!"

"ReCore looked cool, but they should've shown gameplay."

I'm not a big fan of the Half-Life series but if Valve had announce Half-Life 3 at this E3 I would have given them the win over Sony. Ounce again talking objectively we all know that in terms of fan service and everything else Shenmue 3+FF 7+TLG is greater than Gears & Halo. Just like Half Life 3>Shenmue 3+FF 7+TLG. Personal opinion should always be a factor but if personal opinion is always used to measure such events than we'll never have an actual E3 "Winner".

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

You can't win E3 based on a KS game and another that has been asked for over 10 years as as neither are going to live up to the hype surrounding them.

O: Because everyone has different opinions, so not everyone is going to agree, especially big fans of other companies. Likely they'll say their own side won, and will find things here and there to put fault on any other side. That's just how it is. Sorry Playstay : x Honestly, I think they took the cake, but others won't think so.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

You know, your suggestion of unveiling HL3 actually sounded pretty amazing. I wish Valve would go for that.

Around the Network

I feel like they were about even.

Sony did a lot a 'fan service', where they announced a lot of really hyped stuff that didn't really have that much substance behind it. Their biggest announcements were:

- The Last Guardian.....a niche game that has been in development for years
- Final Fantasy 7.....a remake of a PS1 game
- Shenmue 3.....an announcement of a kickstarter campaign
- Dreams.....a demo that honestly didn't make much sense/seem like a game
- Uncharted 4........we already know about this game

In terms of big new IPs, we saw a little bit of Horizon, so this was the sole positive from the show imo.

Besides that....*shrug*

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Sony made all dreams came true and unequivocally won for especially older players (Shenmue III, Final Fantasy VII).

But Microsoft won this year. They showed more games that will come in this year and have Xbox One has better chance of getting more interest.

For PS4, people will probably wait with buying console till games come:
- Uncharted 4 (2016)
- The Last Guardian (2016)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (2016)
- Dreams (not sure but probably 2016)
- Final Fantasy VII remake (2017?)
- Shenmue III (2017?)

I guess the E3 hype is over and people are starting to see reality.

Vasto said:
I guess the E3 hype is over and people are starting to see reality.

Get over it man. Most people agree that Sony had the more impressive show. Your constant whining on the subject isn't going to change people's opinions. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I only watched Nintendo's direct; and not even the whole thing!

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!