By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Didn't Sony Win E3 Hands down?

It will always be subjective. Sony could have announced TLG, FF VII:R, and Shenmue III and spent the next 45 minutes making and eating a turkey sandwich and they still would have won. It was historic and the culmination of decade of hopes coming true in one magical show. Sony will not be able to top this for next five years or so, it was that good to me.

Around the Network
Augen said:
It will always be subjective. Sony could have announced TLG, FF VII:R, and Shenmue III and spent the next 45 minutes making and eating a turkey sandwich and they still would have won. It was historic and the culmination of decade of hopes coming true in one magical show. Sony will not be able to top this for next five years or so, it was that good to me.

Dont be so sure of that, Half Life 3 + Agent + Okami 2 would be on the same level

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Microsoft had a solid conference. Unfortunately, bringing FF7 and Shenmue 3 scored a default victory for Sony.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

It's all subjective in the end. When Sony's conference ended, I explored many popular gaming sites so I could pick up a consensus. It's not a definitive consensus, but I saw many people agreeing that Sony won E3, with a fair share of detractors. They simply brought surprises to the show; no one expected any of those games, especially in that succession. Uncharted 4 being shown already? Halo 5 and Rise of Tomb Raider were shown before and I didn't complain. As for not accomplishing their promises, people never forget. The Last Guardian being a good example.

In the end, whoever won E3 is subjective. But objectively, Sony did put their best cards on the table. It's not wise to downplay the conference and dismiss it as hype.

The simple answer is because they want to believe MS won.

MS had a very good conference, and I can see how someone who does not have interest in the games Sony's should could prefer what MS offered. If Halo is your number one big deal game, and you hate Japanese games you might prefer MS conference. However, if this person were objective they would recognize that the games Sony showed are a really big deal to a lot of people and they would say Sony "won".

People can play fox news and try to spin things to fit the endstate they desire. So when someone says MS won I assume they lack objectivitity.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
Vasto said:

Sometimes people just see what they want to see.

That's true. Some people see that polls show Sony won E3 but some people want to see what they want to see.

The PS5 Exists. 

Azuren said:
Microsoft had a solid conference. Unfortunately, bringing FF7 and Shenmue 3 scored a default victory for Sony.

Even without FF 7 and Shenmue, PS4 had a solid E3, no console had as much exclusive announcment, it's crazy all this downplaying of people who convince themself sony wins only because of FF 7 and shenmue while PS4 had simply more announcement ( being also more impressives, did Microsoft announced an exclusive IP like Horizon with gameplay that made such huge effect ? I dont think so. They announced an interesting new exclusive, maybe, but only in CGI while sony also announced an original game Dreams but not with CGI )and much more impressive gameplay with Uncharted ( and thats without counting all the gameplay on live coverage from sony, but people conveniently forgot this live coverage to say there was no gameplay for 2015 games on PS4 )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

People on tech sites like The Verge and Engadget claim MS won by far, but those people aren't really gamers... or if they are, they're PC gamers that have yet to make a decision.

They look at the specs and the software and the OS and the UI, but not really the games. That's why BC was praised, because its a great + on paper, but nobody's actually going to buy an xbone to play Mass Effect 1....

I doubt there has been an E3 in which everyone agreed who won.

DivinePaladin said:
Because Sony's 2015 E3 had little to do with 2015. Microsoft has big games coming out this year, as little as I personally care about them. You don't win E3 with a bunch of promises you can easily break when the show's over.

Obviously you do 😂 not to mention OP asking that here knowing some of these guys will break their back defending Sony no matter what.