By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Didn't Sony Win E3 Hands down?

the-pi-guy said:
Vasto said:
I guess the E3 hype is over and people are starting to see reality.

Yes, because if someone has a different opinion, it must be because they don't see reality.  

Sometimes people just see what they want to see.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Vasto said:

Sometimes people just see what they want to see.

Everybody sees what they want to see.  
And based on what people want to see, is what determines who wins for them.  

It has nothing to do with not being able to see reality, it's about the subjectivity of it.  

A person's perception is their reality.

Mr.Playstation said:
the-pi-guy said:

Because people have different opinions.  

Whether due to silly bias, or because the games genuinely do/don't interest them.  

Lots of people love The Last Guardian because they loved the previous 2, and lots of people love Halo, and I wasn't particularly enthralled by either one.  

It also helps that both conferences had a lot of buts for a lot of games.  

"The Last Guardian was shown, but it could get delayed again!"

"ReCore looked cool, but they should've shown gameplay."

I'm not a big fan of the Half-Life series but if Valve had announce Half-Life 3 at this E3 I would have given them the win over Sony. Ounce again talking objectively we all know that in terms of fan service and everything else Shenmue 3+FF 7+TLG is greater than Gears & Halo. Just like Half Life 3>Shenmue 3+FF 7+TLG. Personal opinion should always be a factor but if personal opinion is always used to measure such events than we'll never have an actual E3 "Winner".

There is no such thing as being objective when talking about rating a video game presentation.  It is pretty much entirely subjective.  Plus, your asking why some people aren't giving Sony the win here, the answer is obvious, different opinions.  People always view e3 conferences through subjective filters, there really isn't any other way...

Well, they won in my book.

Well i dont know about tastes but from an objective pov, a console is made for games in terme of games and PS4 had more exclusive announcement at E3 and also a lot of gameplay for the games coming soon because E3 is more than jsut one conference.

But yeah, it depends of your tastes, after all, some people think Vita library is better than 3DS one, opinions

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Vasto said:
Fusioncode said:

It's the largest gaming-related forum on the internet. Seems like the best place to draw a general consensus. You show me a poll from a gaming site that large that thinks Microsoft had the best conference. 

All that shows is what GAF thinks and belive it or not less then 1% of gamers visit GAF. E3 is over and the hype is over with it. Just give it a couple more months because you aint seen nothing yet.

I can't wait! But sadly I don't think we are waiting for the same reasons.

Because Sony's 2015 E3 had little to do with 2015. Microsoft has big games coming out this year, as little as I personally care about them. You don't win E3 with a bunch of promises you can easily break when the show's over.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Sony won in my book even if the stuff I want is a couple of years away. Plenty of stuff like Persona 5 and Fallout 4 to play in the meantime.

It's crazy and at the same time funny how people try to downplay this historic E3 for PS4.

Uncharted 4 made a crazy impression to all the journalists who saw the demo, Gears 4/Halo 5 impressions were far to be as insane.
So Uncharted 4 is the best E3 gameplay among exclusives, with Horizon, the best new exclusive IP of E3 for most (maybe because we saw gameplay and not jsu CGI), the huge surprise, all that according to every profesionnal who was at E3

So even if you dont want to count FF VII and Shenmue for stupid reasons, PS4 had more games announces, more new IP, games that impressed much more and a lot of gameplay during E3 for al the games coming in 2015.

So please, i can understand that from a taste perspective, if you dont like any of those games and prefer microsoft ones, you think they won, but try to be a bit objective please.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Sony played the part of the genie and answered three longstanding wishes. Which apparently was not enough to overcome the hype for backwards compatibility starting with: A Kingdom for Keflings, A World for Keflings, Alien Hominid HD, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, BattleBlock Theater, Defense Grid, Geometry Wars Evolved, Hexic HD, Jetpac Refuelled, Kameo, Mass Effect, N+, Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, Small Arms, Super Meat Boy, Toy Soldiers, Toy Soldiers Cold War, Viva Piñata, Viva Piñata TIP & Zuma.

I'm honestly baffled by the whole thing, but then again, Pokemon & CoD both became huge and I was left similarly confused by the tastes of fellow gamers.