By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Nintendo NX come out?

When will the NX come out?

2016 184 40.35%

2017 240 52.63%

2018 24 5.26%

2019 and afterwards :p 8 1.75%

Total:456
IamAwsome said:
zorg1000 said:

Why did Dreamcast have a record launch if their fans were so pissed?

The Dreamcast was pretty much the console that Sega needed at the time. Fans were pissed, but the Dreamcast helped to fix the situation. Sony's reputation in the industry and the PS2 ended the Dreamcast. 

Yes I know, he's saying Dreamcast failed because of the poor decisions they made with Saturn, my rebuttal was Dreamcast set world records which wouldn't have happened if Saturn had hurt their reputation like he claims it did.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
TaMpAbLaCk said:
Imo this will be NES's final console. After this one flops (If they continue down the path of crap hardware, not many new IP's, taking forever to release a new Metroid/Zelda, No 3rd party support etc) They will be a Handheld only company by 2020 while leasing their 1st party games to PlayStation's console if they do not get it together. I'm 36 & grew up loving NES! NES-GC was amazing! Then Wii & Wii-U meh! Please tighten up Nintendo because you'll always have a special place in my heart & I want you to succeed!

Reading this post, after comeing strait from "Nintendo CEO satoru Iwata has passed away" thread.

Jebus...

My post has nothing to do with his passing & to even suggest that was tacky! smh

I'd like a 2016 release, that's not going to happen so 2017.

Fall 2016. It will replace the handheld 3DS first, that is Nintendo's first priority, not consoles.

TaMpAbLaCk said:
JRPGfan said:
TaMpAbLaCk said:
Imo this will be NES's final console. After this one flops (If they continue down the path of crap hardware, not many new IP's, taking forever to release a new Metroid/Zelda, No 3rd party support etc) They will be a Handheld only company by 2020 while leasing their 1st party games to PlayStation's console if they do not get it together. I'm 36 & grew up loving NES! NES-GC was amazing! Then Wii & Wii-U meh! Please tighten up Nintendo because you'll always have a special place in my heart & I want you to succeed!

Reading this post, after comeing strait from "Nintendo CEO satoru Iwata has passed away" thread.

Jebus...

My post has nothing to do with his passing & to even suggest that was tacky! smh

Well your post sucks and will never come true.  Nintendo will never publish a game on a Sony console.  Calling the Wii and Wii U meh means your library of games must not be that great.  I have over 40 decent - awesome Wii games and 12+ Wii U games.  The Wii VC has enough old school hits on it to keep one entertained for a decade.

Around the Network

Summer 2016 like the rumour says

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

If it's a handled, end of 2016.
If it's a home console, 2017 (half or end)

TaMpAbLaCk said:

So you think NX will faile because of reasons you mentioned!? Wii had all that and ended one of the best selling consoles of all time.

Wii had some very good Nintendo games, Wii U even better, if you really like great Nintendo games Wii U is great console.

Before I was thinking NX will come in 2017. but after informations we had last couple months I think that NX is some kind of handheld and home console hybrid and it will be released in 2016 at affordable price.

Launch titles are Mario 3D game, Zelda U port and something else, maybe that Diddy Kong Racing rumour.

I've changed my mind to Q2/3 2016. I believe it will be replacing both the 3DS and Wii U and 3DS needs a replacement in Japan sooner rather then later.

If it was just a home console alone, 2017 would be my date