By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Nintendo NX come out?

When will the NX come out?

2016 184 40.35%

2017 240 52.63%

2018 24 5.26%

2019 and afterwards :p 8 1.75%

Total:456

I'm not sure.

Both years, 2016 and 2017, are possible. With the latest E3, there's merit in saying WiiU is on it's way out making it likely for a swift replacement in 2016. However, they would probably wait for another year to be better able to bring a more viable upgrade and I just don't see them releasing a new console so soon into the current generation and so soon after a potential reveal next year, it's not really their style.

So I'm not sure and won't exactly be betting on it, but I'm still leaning more towards 2017. November 2017. For a home-console variety of course, a handheld variety might be a different story, though the 3DS is actually selling so who knows.

Around the Network

If it's an Handheld I hope it's at the end of 2016, if it's a home console at beginning of 2017, same if a crossplatform

Always said 2016, sticking with that (mentioned it as a possibility already in January 2013, actually).

2016. Nintendo publicly said they will show the console in 2016 and there is absolutely no reason why they should wait until late 2017 to release it after showing it one and a half years earlier. Everything points to a 2016 release. Why else would they be holding back Retro's game or new Legend of Zelda footage? They certainly wouldn't push those games back a full two years.

the end of next year is my prediction.

Around the Network

What about a 2015 surprise release?

2016 for sure. If it was coming out any later then they wouldn't have killed the wii u so quickly.

superchunk said:
holiday 2016 globally

Random_Matt said:
Nov 2016.

Yep. The homeconsole. The handheld could be launched before.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nov 2017 for both NX devices.

ShadowG78 said:
2017. But it depends of what NX is exactly.

It's "Quality of Life" ;)

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch