By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Nintendo NX come out?

When will the NX come out?

2016 184 40.35%

2017 240 52.63%

2018 24 5.26%

2019 and afterwards :p 8 1.75%

Total:456
spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

That is true too, but that was a bit rocky to say the least. Though that too was MS's own fault in poor decisions... Nintendo did make the NX known, but it would be good if they at least officially reveal what it is and give it some time to hype it up. But yeah, you make good points. It could release in holiday 2016, though it seems a bit risky, and I'd hate for Ninten to mess it up...

It was rocky because they proudly pissed in the mouths of gamers around the world, not at all because they announced and released the system within 6 months. The NX doesn't need more than 6 months to "hype it up." To be perfectly honest, no piece of tech nowadays needs even like a month. Apple announces and released new devices within days of each other. a whole year of waiting has a negative effect, not a positive one. The risky bit would be taking to long to release it, especially with the Wii U dying in front of everyone.

Alright, fair enough. You got me Spem x ) I suppose Holiday 2016 wouldn't be so bad, as long as they're prepared for it. I just wonder if Nintendo fans would be okay with them releasing the NX somewhat earlier than usual releases...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Alright, fair enough. You got me Spem x ) I suppose Holiday 2016 wouldn't be so bad, as long as they're prepared for it. I just wonder if Nintendo fans would be okay with them releasing the NX somewhat earlier than usual releases...

I'm sure they'll be fine. They were fine with the GBA. XB fans were fine with the OG XB. 4 years is plenty of time. Plus, they'll gain way more fans in the transition than the 2% that they'll lose. Lose 2% of Nintendo fans, gain a huge percentage of gaming fans.

November 18th, 2016.

Gone are the days when you can reveal a console more than a year before release. The PS4 and X1 have proven in my mind revealing a console in the same year as release is the best, it helps keep the hype levels high.

I believe the NX will be revealed sometime between Feb-May 2016.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Soundwave said:

Actually the funny thing is the best selling game systems for 3 of the 4 major platform providers (Sega, Nintendo, and Microsoft) came 4 years or less after their predacessor.

Sega Genesis - Launched 3 years after the Sega Master System (in North America)

Nintendo DS - Launched 3 1/2 years after the Game Boy Advance.

XBox 360 - Launched 4 years after the XBox.

Which kind of blows a (giant) hole in the entire theory.

It is all about competition though at this point.

The Genesis launched at time when the NES/Famicom was undisputed king, with its superior power and growing fanbase in the West it arrived just in time.

The DS was initially pitched as a concurrent system but thanks to its unique game play it became true successor and whipped Sony's handheld entry world wide, although it should be stated that in certain territories the PSP toward the end of that generation came back to make it more of a fight thanks to Monster Hunter plus various PS2 and PC ports that the DS couldn't handle. A similar story happened with the Wii except with a more dramatic decline.

The 360 is actually a bit of analomy, it launched early didn't do much but steadily grew thanks to it online abilities and games. Western 3rd parties were a big factor in that, especially those that brough over PC ports which would later help popularize those sort of games on all consoles more then in previous generations.

All that being said, the NX if it tried to emulate any of those is likely to fail. They don't have the third party support of the 360, nor are they likely to build it like the PSP (in Japan at least) and the Genesis did by being the alternative console due to there already being one in the form of Xbox One. And Nintendo tried the alternate input method route with the Wii U and failed, with stuff like Oculus Rift and Hololens on the horizon, not much Nintendo probably has the ability to do to match those if they do indeed take off as the future of non standard controls. Jumping out early with the NX also won't win them over all the Wii U adopters they have picked up within the last couple of years.

2017 allows them enough time to hopefully build up a decent schedule of future releases from themselves and maybe other third parties so they don't run into the same problems they had with the Wii U and 3DS, droughts, a lack of a true AAA big game and launches filled with late ports of games that were on other platforms already.

THERES NO WAY NX WILL BE RELEASED IN 2016, just no way, 2017 earliest

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:

NX is not a home console. It's a platform which will feature several hardware options a home console being one of them.

No it's not. Reggie confirmed just 2 days ago its a home console not a handheld.

It will be released in Holiday 2017 at the earliest, various things do point to this.

- Scott Moffitt has already told us this is not the transition year when it comes to development, even though that is indeed mere PR talk, his words still have credibility, and there is nothing pointing at this being a transition year, not E3, since Nintendo clearly specified they would talk about 2015 only and some early 2016 titles, nor the Zelda delay, since Zelda always get delayed, aside that what we saw in the VGAs was clearly in need of huge work done to it.

- A interview with Miyamoto from December 20, 2014, says that they were still thinking of console ideas, in other words, unless they thought of the idea, setted the specs, got the hardware ready, got all the contracts, already have launch titles done, and more, it is impossible the console will see a 2016 launch.

- A interview from Iwata makes the NX seem as if it was still in its conceptual phase, this interview is from one month ago, and he said that they couldn't give a time period for when would the NX release since they didn't even knew how the NX would look like since as of May 2015, the NX is still in a conceptual phase.

- A interview with Tanabe said that if they would begin working on a Metroid Prime 4 now, it would take atleast 3 years for it to be done, and that would LIKELY be in the NX, now that means they are still not working on one, and that NX could not come out till atleast 2018, but the most important thing is that htey are not working on one, meaning that internally, no dev kits have been given for the NX home console, if not a tease is what would had been given, instead of a mere "likely on NX"

-The QoL is suppose to release next year, no? Even if it is not related to gaming, Nintendo will most surely not be able to handle so much stuff at the time, we have seen how unable they are to handle the amiibo situation, with that alone it is clear that it would be impossible for them to do 2 hardware launches in the same year, while handling hte amiibo situation at the same time.

So all points tell us that anything earlier than 2017 is impossible, and as home consoles always release in the Holidays, that would mean a Holiday 2017 release for NX. Also they have never said they are revealing NX next year, they have only said they will talk more about NX next year, if that means they will reveal it next year, it is not clear, but clearly stating that reveal will be next year has not been said, so we cannot say that NX will be reveal next year, since they have only said they will talk about it, so for all we know, NX will be revealed in 2017, and released in 2018.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Holidays 2016.

gcube2000 said:
bowserthedog said:

NX is not a home console. It's a platform which will feature several hardware options a home console being one of them.

No it's not. Reggie confirmed just 2 days ago its a home console not a handheld.

When did he say that?  I thought he just reconfirmed that they were working on a next gen home console.

Second half of 2017. Doubt there's a new console withing 15 months.