By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution

It will never happen again

Agree, won't happen 35 28.93%

I can see it happening in... 86 71.07%

Total:121

The whole "bu .. bu ... Nintendo can't not give the Wii U it's own unique Zelda".

Sure they can.

Just like they can turn Metroid into a sci-fi soccer game.

Or they can give you an Amiibo Animal Crossing board game instead of Animal Crossing.

The Wii U is not going to get a proper Metroid or Animal Crossing game, and Nintendo will do as they damn well please with Zelda too, and there's not a single thing all the whining on the internet will do about it.

If they feel like it's a smart business move to dual-launch the next Zelda on both Wii U and NX ... that's exactly what they will do.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Dulfite said:
Where is the option to vote for it happening right now? I don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would develop a game for a console (a massive game, like Zelda, that costs a HUGE amount of money to make) that's in its final year (let's be serious people 2016 is Wii U's last year, even if the NX doesn't launch until 2017 but I think it will be 2016) alone? Why would they NOT want to maximize profits and, not to mention, satisfy NX owners who don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 years before the NX Zelda launches?

And there is nothing wrong with it. Personally, having the choice of playing it on Wii U or at 1080p or whatever on NX, I would go for the better experience.

Only thing to worry about would be Gamepad integration in the game.

Not a problem. They could just do what they did with the Wii U (Made Wii controllers compatible) with the NX (Make the Wii U GamePad compatible).

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Not showing it at E3 and then E3 showing the current gen's future is limited definitely raises a red flag.

Faxanadu said:
They never said it would not go to Revolution. They said it would not be moved off of Gamecube. Gamecube got Twilight Princess, so everything is fine.

they also never mentioned that zelda u would not appear on NX..

Pavolink said:
Dulfite said:
Where is the option to vote for it happening right now? I don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would develop a game for a console (a massive game, like Zelda, that costs a HUGE amount of money to make) that's in its final year (let's be serious people 2016 is Wii U's last year, even if the NX doesn't launch until 2017 but I think it will be 2016) alone? Why would they NOT want to maximize profits and, not to mention, satisfy NX owners who don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 years before the NX Zelda launches?

Second option.

And if it takes them another 4-5 years to develop a new game they are stupid.

This is the MAIN stream Zelda game we are talking about here. Each of them push hardware to the max and are absolutely stunning. Since Windwaker launched, here are release years of main zelda games.

2002 Windwaker
2006 Twilight Princess
2011 Skyward Sword
Now a projected release of 2016 for Zelda U/Nx

This doesn't include smaller/low budget/spinoff Zelda games. Were talking about the main Zelda experiences. They take YEARS to make because their not your typical piece of garbage game. Every aspect of them feels wonderful. There is a reason they take so long to develop. They are not stupid for wanting to be consistent with the main branch of this series. I'm sorry they don't release a new game every 6 months like Assassin's Creed but Nintendo actually wants to have consistent quality and not just go for the money grab.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
ChrnoTodd said:
At least GameCube has Wind Waker. WiiU has nothing :/

By that logic, GameCube have nothing because Wii U have Wind Waker too.

We don know when next home console will launch and when will get Zelda U port, if there will be port at all.

But Wind Waker is an HD "remake". Wind Waker was exclusively of GC, is the "GC Zelda". Wii has Skyward Sword. Wii U has nothing.

wow, that's a good find.

i'm sure when it's announced nintendo fans won't care but i'm going to make a "this game doesn't have the right to exist" thread purely out of spite for all the bs i read wrt TloU:R

"The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution"

*giggle*

Welp, I still think Zelda will be on Wii U, but at this point, the idea of the game being on both consoles wouldn't surprise me, I guess...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

didn't they release the Wii version 1st before even confirmng when/if they were going to release it on the Gamecube?

Either way, Nintendo couldn t even make up original BS re why the game was delayed-  they are using the exact same bs story  this time too

I still don t understand why long time Nintendo fans continue to  believe some of the junk Nintendo feeds them since they have been around to see the same mistakes and same tricks/misleading/dishonest statements they have used in the past

Dulfite said:

Because they risk alienating a bunch of people WHO DD buy the Wii u-  which includes most of Nintenod s dwindling base of loyal customoers-

They are in the process of burning Wii U owners and that is obvious to most of us-  So if many of their most loyal customers decide to wait to purhcase NX or just not buy it at all that is a terrible decsion for Nintendo but then again they have been making alot of terrrible decisons lately