By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution

It will never happen again

Agree, won't happen 35 28.93%

I can see it happening in... 86 71.07%

Total:121
Dulfite said:
Where is the option to vote for it happening right now? I don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would develop a game for a console (a massive game, like Zelda, that costs a HUGE amount of money to make) that's in its final year (let's be serious people 2016 is Wii U's last year, even if the NX doesn't launch until 2017 but I think it will be 2016) alone? Why would they NOT want to maximize profits and, not to mention, satisfy NX owners who don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 years before the NX Zelda launches?

Second option.

And if it takes them another 4-5 years to develop a new game they are stupid.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Where is the option to vote for it happening right now? I don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would develop a game for a console (a massive game, like Zelda, that costs a HUGE amount of money to make) that's in its final year (let's be serious people 2016 is Wii U's last year, even if the NX doesn't launch until 2017 but I think it will be 2016) alone? Why would they NOT want to maximize profits and, not to mention, satisfy NX owners who don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 years before the NX Zelda launches?

And there is nothing wrong with it. Personally, having the choice of playing it on Wii U or at 1080p or whatever on NX, I would go for the better experience.

Only thing to worry about would be Gamepad integration in the game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

SJReiter said:
Roma said:
as long as it comes to WiiU fans won't be that upset. For me I will see what benefits I get in the NX version before I buy the NX and the NX version of the game.

it really saddens me that Nintendo couldn't make people get the gamepad advantages in a game. I would rather have a direct overview of my inventory or map than bring up a menu. I talked to a friend a couple of days ago and he works at a games store and he told me people still don't get that the WiiU is actually a new Nintendo console.

If Nintendo hasn't been able to properly convey this message by now, they never will. We're almost 3 years into it's life cycle for Christ sakes. 

believe me I've given up on them doing that a long time ago

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
SJReiter said:

If Nintendo hasn't been able to properly convey this message by now, they never will. We're almost 3 years into it's life cycle for Christ sakes. 

believe me I've given up on them doing that a long time ago

I guess that's part of why they are moving away sooner than any other console.

I remember fairly well how this story went.

First TP was delayed from November 05 to April 06, then we had rumours it was still a GC exclusive, but some stuff like fishing etc. could be played with the Revolution controller if you used the game disc on a Revolution, then we got delayed to November 06 and we had the confirmation it was releasing for the two platforms.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

I guess that's part of why they are moving away sooner than any other console.

I hope this time around they name it properly. NX sounds good tbh

with the X standing for cross platform where games are shared between handhelds and home consoles.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Something happening once is not proof for the future. even if it happened multiple times it would still not prove anything, would only make it more probable.

erasinghaters said:

Something happening once is not proof for the future. even if it happened multiple times it would still not prove anything, would only make it more probable.

So it's more probable to happen this same situation than not happening.

Dulfite said:

why not do the same for every game ever then? just use some logic. and it wouldn't take 4-5 years for another zelda.

Wii U needs at least. 1 Zelda to call its own...