By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution

It will never happen again

Agree, won't happen 35 28.93%

I can see it happening in... 86 71.07%

Total:121
Faxanadu said:
They never said it would not go to Revolution. They said it would not be moved off of Gamecube. Gamecube got Twilight Princess, so everything is fine.

With Twilight Princess being pushed in 2006, some Nintendo fans are wondering if the game might ultimately be killed for GameCube and instead repositioned as a launch title for Revolution, the Big N's next-generation platform. Revolution is set to launch sometime in the second half of 2006, according to sources. According to Kaplan, though, the game is still scheduled to ship for GameCube.

"In effect, because of the backward compatibility built into Revolution, every GameCube game also will be a Revolution title," she said. "But we feel a commitment to the GameCube owners who've been patiently awaiting this new Zelda title, and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game."

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Turkish said:

The Gamecube game was finished but they delayed it to bring it to Wii as well right?

So 10 years later same story.

2005>2006

2015>2016

Crazy how it is exactly 10 years ago!

Crazier that in 10 years they have only do 1 homeconsole Zelda game (Skyward Sword)

Zelda launch title = Console sells 100 million
You know what to do Nintendo

History repeats itself. They should have stuck with the name revolution. But as history repeats itself no doubt Nintendo will choose a crap name for there new home console

as long as it comes to WiiU fans won't be that upset. For me I will see what benefits I get in the NX version before I buy the NX and the NX version of the game.

it really saddens me that Nintendo couldn't make people get the gamepad advantages in a game. I would rather have a direct overview of my inventory or map than bring up a menu. I talked to a friend a couple of days ago and he works at a games store and he told me people still don't get that the WiiU is actually a new Nintendo console.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
as long as it comes to WiiU fans won't be that upset. For me I will see what benefits I get in the NX version before I buy the NX and the NX version of the game.

it really saddens me that Nintendo couldn't make people get the gamepad advantages in a game. I would rather have a direct overview of my inventory or map than bring up a menu. I talked to a friend a couple of days ago and he works at a games store and he told me people still don't get that the WiiU is actually a new Nintendo console.

There was a rumor when Wii U launched that said Gamepad has a function that Zelda team asked for.

Pavolink said:
Faxanadu said:
They never said it would not go to Revolution. They said it would not be moved off of Gamecube. Gamecube got Twilight Princess, so everything is fine.

With Twilight Princess being pushed in 2006, some Nintendo fans are wondering if the game might ultimately be killed for GameCube and instead repositioned as a launch title for Revolution, the Big N's next-generation platform. Revolution is set to launch sometime in the second half of 2006, according to sources. According to Kaplan, though, the game is still scheduled to ship for GameCube.

"In effect, because of the backward compatibility built into Revolution, every GameCube game also will be a Revolution title," she said. "But we feel a commitment to the GameCube owners who've been patiently awaiting this new Zelda title, and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game."

Before posting these things and claiming things, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I don't want them to remaster Zelda U before Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Faxanadu said:
Pavolink said:
Faxanadu said:

Before posting these things and claiming things, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

instead repositioned as a launch title for Revolution, the Big N's next-generation platform.

and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game."

They never said it would not go to Revolution.

ExplodingBlock said:
Zelda launch title = Console sells 100 million
You know what to do Nintendo

That's not how it works.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert