By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U the worst console of all time?(OP clarification)

Its the worst of legit consoles (sony ms nin atari sega), Not the worst of the worst (jaguar pipen).

Around the Network

Nah. WiiU is great. It was just poorly supported.

The fact that you seem to think either Wii U or Gamecube is the worst console of all time makes this thread a joke.

Gamecube was amazing and is now well loved despite selling poorly. It has aged well and has a library with true classics. I think it's actually 1 of the better consoles of all time.

Wii U might not live up to its potential but how is it the worst console of all time? It has a bunch absolutely amazing games (I think better than Xbox One or PS4 at this point) and we know that at least this year we have some great games coming as well as SMTxFE and Zelda next year. The future is somewhat uncertain, true, but it's not even close to being the worst console of all time.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

StarOcean said:
In terms of Nintendo home consoles (inb4 Virtualboy), the Wii U is their worst, yes. Of all time? No. Should we have gotten more from a company like Nintendo? Yes, but I also feel people were TOO optimistic about the console which also hurt it.. I know people will mention and have mentioned obvious bad consoles, but the point is that you shouldn't have to compare them to those. "Yeah, the Wii U is bad but at least it isn't a Game.Com!" a comparison like that shouldn't have to be made to begin with.

Pretty much this. There's nothing that the Wii U has done to be labelled amongst the worst consoles ever and it does have a nice variety of great games on it, too. Claiming it ranks amongst the likes of the Virtual Boy however and the like is just nonsensical in my eyes. 

A better way to describe the U would be "wasted potential".

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SanAndreasX said:
ctk495 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Love that picture so much lol.

OT perhaps change the title of the thread to include you're basing it on the past 7 years and are not including companies who have released worse consoles... which includes Nintendo themselves.

I don't think you can edit titles. I think most people get my point, however, especially superchunk. I see that i don't need to 

@SanAndreasX

Are you serious? The Vita has Gravity Rush(new IP), Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Persona 4. Just with a quick google check you can see those games and tonsothers. The Wii U? Mass Effect(port) and a bunch of the same old Kart, Smash and Mario 3D land(side scroller not even in the levels of galaxy or sunshine) Nintendo has so little faith in the Wii U that they even release the same game(smash 4) for the DS to not lose money. I think you truly need to wake up and accept that nintendo needs to change their strategy, they messed up this generation. Most of the games you list like fire emblem and xenoblade you could pretty much get the same experience by buying a DS. 

Going by your logic, you could get the same Uncharted experience by buying a PS3. Which is why the Vita failed. Nobody wanted a handheld to play games that would be better served by playing them on a PS3. For that matter, why would I want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on a 3DS instead of a Wii U?

I don't need to wake up to anything. Nintendo needs to change their strategy. There was no denial of that on my part. Doesn't change the fact that your thread was fallacious at the outset and you started moving the goalposts when people called you out on it.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss was exclusive to Vita. Xenoblade Chronicles is not exclusive to 3DS. So they are not at all the same situation.

Around the Network

Wii U is the worst current-gen console but its still one of the better consoles to be made among all consoles.

Those who think 3DO was bad never had an Amiga CD32... I was one of the poor suckers who had one....

It's not worse than the Sega Saturn.

Yes, even worse than the damn Ouya!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I wouldn´t say that the hardware is bad at all. Some games make great use of the gamepad

But after that dissapoiting E3, I´d say that it will likely be the worst Nintendo home console ever in therms of software. Nintendo seems to give up completely on the device by not giving it new software and by not using some of their main franchises. Basically, it´s a console for Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, only.

They could at least bring Metroid, Animal Crossing and another franchise (like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out etc.) for it.