By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U the worst console of all time?(OP clarification)

Sooooooooo What Games did you buy for your Wii U, which made you think this is the worst console of all time? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Nope. Anyone saying otherwise is either not thinking clearly or doesn't know their console history :P

Hahaha. NO.

MikeRox said:
OP go look at the Amstrad GX 4000 then come back and confirm if this is a serious topic.

Worst Nintendo platform is definitely worthy of discussion. Personally I don't think it is because the games we do have are solid gold. But yeah prior to the PlayStation, there were a lot of terrible consoles.

That doesn't count. The OP decreed it to not be a "serious" console and not what he meant when he said "worst console of ALL TIME." I assume that means something similar to "globally in the USA."

SanAndreasX said:
MikeRox said:
OP go look at the Amstrad GX 4000 then come back and confirm if this is a serious topic.

Worst Nintendo platform is definitely worthy of discussion. Personally I don't think it is because the games we do have are solid gold. But yeah prior to the PlayStation, there were a lot of terrible consoles.

That doesn't count. The OP decreed it to not be a "serious" console and not what he meant when he said "worst console of ALL TIME." I assume that means something similar to "globally in the USA."

Ah gotcha! Sure it felt pretty serious to Amstrad when they bled lots of money on it! Hahah.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

No, the Wii U is definitely not the worst console of all time. In terms of software the only big Nintendo IPs we're really missing from it is F-Zero and Metroid.

MikeRox said:
SanAndreasX said:

Ah gotcha! Sure it felt pretty serious to Amstrad when they bled lots of money on it! Hahah.

Yeah, and I suppose that Trip Hawkins, Panasonic, Goldstar/LG, and Philips were spending millions of dollars on their consoles just because they had too much money and needed to get rid of it somehow. :)

Apparently Atari doesn't count, either, because they're out of the hardware business. Sega somehow counts even though they're also out of the hardware business. But don't worry. The goalposts are bound to stop moving sooner or later. :)

It's an amazing console with FAR to many droughts software wise. An incredibly awful E3 isn't going to change that. Some of the best software Nintendo has ever made is on the console.

Short answer is no.

Not even close to the worst of all time but I have to admit, after E3 my faith in Nintendo is starting to wain. XBone is starting to look like a real option.

not even close. but its not even close from the best either.