By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your favorite console last gen. Were you a fanboy?

pichu_pichu said:
my dreamcast got stolen

So did mine, dude I feel your pain.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Oh, and on-topic: Xbox for me. I had them all, but Halo, Kotor, and the best versions of Splinter Cell, along with the best graphics of all multiplat games, made it by far my fave.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

PS2. Though I would of perfered the Dreamcast in the PS2's position. Had the Dreamcast got PS2 level support. Man would it of been awesome.

PS2...It was cheap and best games of the 3.

Wii is cheap not but I think has the worst games.

I'm back...

the gamecude, no i wasnt a fanboy i just wanted to play Resident evil 0,1,4 CV

Around the Network

ps2 was my favorite console, but mk:dd was my favorite/most played game

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

My only console last gen was a PS2, unless you count the GBA as well. This was due to limited finances more than to any sort of devotion to Sony; I was pondering getting a GameCube from about mid-2006 up until all of two months before I got my Wii, but decided to hold off since the Wii had GC backwards compatibility, and I wanted to see what that system would offer me. I'm rather glad I did go that route now, of course; it means I saved myself about $100.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

PS2, I'd say I was a bit of a fanboy when the generation started out but towards the end each system had a library worthy of respect to me.

PS2 All the way. No contest whatsoever.
Had the most decent exclusives. Biggest library.
The other 2 had some games but Sony won their second Generation here.
Wasn't a fanboy though. I go where the best games are.
What happened to them this gen hey?

I loved my Dreamcast. It was so ahead of it's time. I swear that controller was the most comfortable ever designed, despite it's large bulky appearance. I still don't know why a VMU-like device hasn't been used on any future controllers. It had tons of potential.

I owned all 4 consoles last generation. I think my PS2 got the most playtime because of RPGs. The Gamecube only got dusted off for Mario Party and Smash Bros. Anything that was cross-platform I usually bought for the X-Box.