By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your favorite console last gen. Were you a fanboy?

I have all 3 of them and I'm still not done playing with them but I'm catching up slowly with my games. By the time I'm done with them 360 and Wii games should be cheaper.

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network

GameCube is the only console I owned from the last generation, but I play in friends PS2 and I still love my GameCube by far.

sc94597 said:
There are alot of gamecube fans. I wonder why it didn't sell more.

Because PS2 had all the casual gamers.

My ps2 was my baby and i was a huge fanboy and then when they launched the ps3 i wanted it so bad but in the end i gladly got my 360

I skipped the 6th generation for alcohol and StarCraft, but played my fair share of Melee, Double Dash, Beyond Good and Evil, Vice City, San Andreas, Fuzion Frenzy, and Katamari Damacy.

Around the Network

PS2 by a landslide. Being a big JRPG fan, there just wasn't any serious competition. It had/has a really diverse library too, so it fit just about all my other gaming needs as well.

I definitely wasn't a PS2 fanboy though. It won me over pretty quickly with the strength of the library, but there isn't much special about the system itself. Sony did a great job securing games and capitalizing on the success of the PS1, and that's pretty much all there is to it to me. The PS1 had the advantages of using CDs and being cheaper and easier to develop for than the Saturn to attract developers to it, but the PS2 was sort of a default win imo. Even so, it's definitely my favorite last-gen console.

I do have to give the Dreamcast an honorable mention though. I really liked the system, but it's more of a half-generation console to me and was killed off too early to have a chance a building much of a library. It produced some real gems, but it doesn't compare to the PS2.

I also have a Gamecube, but pretty much hate the stupid purple thing. Massive game droughts, bad muli-platform ports, hardly any 3rd party exclusives... The Gameboy player was just about the only thing that saved it for me at all. Obvioulsy it had some great first party titles too, but the gaps between them were huge, and Nintendo wasn't really doing their best work at the time imho (e.g. Sunshine vs Galaxy).

I was and still am a pretty big fan of the PlayStation brand, hence I was huge fan of the PlayStation 2 and I am a huge fan of the PLAYSTATION 3 now.

But I wasn't a arrogant fanboy just a fan.

I would have liked to own a Dreamcast and a GameCube as well. There were quite a few games for those that I would have loved to play. But unfortunately those consoles weren't released here in South Africa.

But all the current generation consoles are released here now and I am definitely not letting this opportunity slip!

Well I was pretty happy with ps2. Consider how it dominated last generation. So I was satisfied with it and never desired an xbox or a gamecube till it was 2006. I got my xbox and gamecube pretty cheap so I caught up with the games that I missed.

Dreamcast! I was a huge fan of Sega, so much so that when it was practically murdered by the PS2, I turned my attention away from Sony ( I had a PS1 and N64 in the previous gen and yea, I was that much of a DC fanboy. It was sad. I was young. lol) and toward the Xbox and was surprised by how much I ended up liking the Xbox (my second choice for fave last gen)

i had a gamecube last gen in to be honest i was a big nintendo fanboy last gen in i still am to this day LOL.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99