By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW:COO Bombs + PSP Sales DECREASE----WTF?

naznatips said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Naz

Well, gow on the Ps2 opened to 166k, and now it's a 3 million seller.

By contrast gow:coo opened to 150k, so I think it could at least sell 1 million.

That's a very different situation. It was a new IP on a console with a history of selling games with strong legs. This is a tested IP on a console with a history of rarely selling a copy after the first couple weeks. 1 million is extremely unlikely, and I'm not sure what Bod's reasoning is behind this hitting 1 million.

PSP games have a history of poor legs, and God of War as a franchise sells 1/3 as much in Others and Japan combined as it does in America. 1 million is very very unlikely.

Yeah, didn't think about that.  I'm still going to buy it, but it probably will only sell 1/2 million.

Around the Network

btw, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling this game a flop or a bomb. In that instance I disagree with the OP. I'm just calling it a disappointment. I would call Brawl a disappointment if its first week was 1 million, but I wouldn't call it a bomb.

@kingwandymion

we'd hope a price drop and a new model would do this

I mean look at Ps3's increase in sales, its 200%!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The bundle next month will keep it alive for a while longer.

I wouldn't say that people rejected this game as much as I would say that people have rejected the PSP ...

Even though hardware sales for the PSP are decent, the software sales are so bad it begs the question "What are people doing with their PSP?" because they're obviously not buying games.

Around the Network

@happysquirel

using it as an MP3 player like me, I havn't brought a PSP game for 2 years..

FF7 CC is the first one after 2 years I'll buy

@darth

GOW is a game you should not miss.

mM

It's not too bad, and its far above what most PSP games are selling, certainly better than WipEout Pulse's launch

@Leo-j

FF7:CC & GT 5 prologue are games I shouldn't miss

& I shouldn't miss revising for exams..

@darth

According to metacritic/gamerankings, the psp GOW is actually a better title than the PSP FVII.

mM