By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW:COO Bombs + PSP Sales DECREASE----WTF?

darthdevidem01 said:

Army of Two's first week on the 360 was HIGHER than GOw's first week + DESPITE the HUGE release of GOW COO the overall PSP software sales were far below that of Ps2, Ps3, Wii & X360..

MOST alarmingly

The hardware sales for PSP DECREASED this week

Lets hope FF7 CC does better than this..

I hate it when people reject brilliant games {sigh}

imo PSP is "officially" now dead software wise, if FF7 CC doesn't do well...I'llhave no more words to say!!

Please discuss this shocking turn of events + WHY the sales for PSP decreased, was GOW COO NOT a system seller?

How did ARMy of TWO beat its first week DESPITE getting bad reviews?

The game wasn't rejected.... it's all the pricks who pirate PSP games.

Around the Network

Whether its pirates or a game library that doesn't meet buyers' expectations, the PSP is still not competing at the level it really should be sadly.

Riachu said:
hunter_alien said:
Riachu said:
hunter_alien said:
No , in general ... in the SNES era it was a console seller , while now its just a hardcore cult game ... it was waht now are games like MGS or the 2 GoWs :P

Castlevania can be as popular as God of War if not MGS if the series can finally make a 3D game that is a true must buy. LoI and CoD were improvements over the N64 installments but they were best to rent than to buy.Igarashi said that he wants to make a truly great 3D castlevania and said it would most likely be on the 360 and the PS3 too if the installbase increases substantially

And that will probably never happen . The closest a Castlevania , at least a great one , can get to 3D is similar to what DXC offered . Unfortunatly untill Castlevania games will stay under the million mark they will never be considered as console sellers , just as decent or good performers ... MGS and GoW are allready proven 3D franchises , and unfortunatly thats what most gamers want this days ( yes , I admit , me to ) ...

PS : when I sayed GoWs I meant God of War and Gears of Wars :P

None of the 3D Castlevanias were great due to rushed production more than to the laws of nature

Well thats partailly true ... but in the same time the entire concept was bad to :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!