By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windows 10 is Microsoft's next main gaming platform Xbox as you know it will be no more..

I never saw this as an issue. You have gamers who just stick to consoles, some play both console and PC, and PC only gamers.

This means nothing to console only gamers and both Windows PC/Xbox One become better for sharing with eachother.

The important thing is that they don't appear on "the competition". And if certain gamers go to PC to play these titles, that says something if some gamers go to MS from time to time to play other games.

Like a cheating boyfriend :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I think the next Xbox will be a PS tv like device, small footprint that can be put in any or multiple rooms, and stream games or media via wifi from the main PC.

As a PlayStation and PC gamer, this makes me happy. Glad I'll be able to play games without needing to buy another piece of hardware. Microsoft still getting money from these games in the end and its probably an easy port, so it really is a no-brainer. Good job, Microsoft!

They should never have made consoles. Original idea of Xbox was like Steambox. But it never took off in early Xbox development process.

zero129 said:

Exactly!, One of the main reasons it never took of was cost. Back then it was just too expensive to build a PC-Console hyped that could compete with the PS2 and not lose lots of money. And since the manafactures that would of been making the console knew this at the time and since it was ok for Sony to lose money on making the PS2 since they where making it back with fees from game makers etc something that just wasnt possible for the guys that would of been making Xbox if they had to go with the original plan so it was just too much risk with not enough return as can be seen with how much money the original xbox did end up losing.

Anyway now times have changed a lot i guess. PC manafactures now have no problem building console like pc's just look at the steambox's and with the prices of pc hardware coming down so fast theey will soon be able to build systems that can easy match the perfermance+price of the X1 and PS4.

And people have shown they dont mind taking out contracts to own expensive things so i guess for higher tare models this is something manafactures could do too is follow the phone model.

Microsoft becoming the steam equivalent would have been their main goal. But they choose to ignore it. Gabe newell went to MS, EA and many more with his idea of digital distribution in 2002. None helped it. Now its a juggernaut. MS sould be ready to slowly transition from console to PC if they think they have all the good ideas.

Around the Network

PS4 and PC here.

Who ever buys an XBoxOne this holiday is investing in a dying device.

Microsoft is moving on. Windows 10 is their new focus.

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

The_BlackHeart__ said:
PS4 and PC here.

Not so fast jimmy... 

Xbox One is becoming a Windows 10 based PC and is not dying by any means. Also I can pick Xbox One up for $299 here in Canada with Halo MCC. PC with the specs of Xbox One will cost you as much as the Xbox One if not more. 

Also is Sony having any must play exclusives this holiday season that you need to give them 400 bucks? Why not wait til Uncharted 4 hits or price cut is in effect?

This is great news.

I will now wait 1+ years before buying any Xbox One exclusive. I want to experience the superior PC version as my first experience.

I do the same with everything but games where the community warrants the console purchase (fighting games).

Major Nelson basically confirmed Halo is coming. He never responds like that unless it's happening.

daredevil.shark said:
They should never have made consoles. Original idea of Xbox was like Steambox. But it never took off in early Xbox development process.

MS creating the original Xbox was essential to them understanding the console marketplace and being able to merge everything into one platform. This started way before X1 was released and W10 will really merge everything together I believe.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
PS4 and PC here.

Going a little overboard here. Should we assume just as much for Sony? 2 of their biggest megatons at E3 are also confirmed for a PC release as well. (Shenmue and FFVII) as well as console exclusive titles like SFV, and No Man's Sky. 

Let's just admit now that consoles are looking more like PC's, it makes the idea of consoles an archaic idea. All these hardaware manufactures (Sony, MS, and Nintendo) could eventually abandon the idea of consoles, and just become developers, and publishers to software instead.

I think we are 2 to 3 gens away from that. but it clearly is pointing in that direction.