By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windows 10 is Microsoft's next main gaming platform Xbox as you know it will be no more..

will not work at all as long as steam doesnt run on xbones, and if it runs, well than m$ isnt making $ wit the console...

Around the Network
plip.plop said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:
PS4 and PC here.

Who ever buys an XBoxOne this holiday is investing in a dying device.

Microsoft is moving on. Windows 10 is their new focus.

Going a little overboard here. Should we assume just as much for Sony? 2 of their biggest megatons at E3 are also confirmed for a PC release as well. (Shenmue and FFVII) as well as console exclusive titles like SFV, and No Man's Sky. 

Let's just admit now that consoles are looking more like PC's, it makes the idea of consoles an archaic idea. All these hardaware manufactures (Sony, MS, and Nintendo) could eventually abandon the idea of consoles, and just become developers, and publishers to software instead.

I think we are 2 to 3 gens away from that. but it clearly is pointing in that direction.

First party Sony games will never come to PC.

First party Microsoft games are coming to the PC day one.  

Protendo said:
plip.plop said:

Going a little overboard here. Should we assume just as much for Sony? 2 of their biggest megatons at E3 are also confirmed for a PC release as well. (Shenmue and FFVII) as well as console exclusive titles like SFV, and No Man's Sky. 

Let's just admit now that consoles are looking more like PC's, it makes the idea of consoles an archaic idea. All these hardaware manufactures (Sony, MS, and Nintendo) could eventually abandon the idea of consoles, and just become developers, and publishers to software instead.

I think we are 2 to 3 gens away from that. but it clearly is pointing in that direction.

False. While Sony continues to push the PS now service, you technically will no longer need a Sony based system to play Sony exclusives. Samsung TV's are getting the service, eventually you will just need whatever device they shove that streaming service into. 

plip.plop said:
Protendo said:

False. While Sony continues to push the PS now service, you technically will no longer need a Sony based system to play Sony exclusives. Samsung TV's are getting the service, eventually you will just need whatever device they shove that streaming service into. 

Name one PS4 title on PS now.

Just one. We both know it won't happen until PS5 at earliest.  Meanwhile, Microsoft Xbox One exclusives are now being playable on PC day One. Gear Collection, Fable, the new Rare games, and more.

disolitude said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:
PS4 and PC here.

Who ever buys an XBoxOne this holiday is investing in a dying device.

Microsoft is moving on. Windows 10 is their new focus.

Not so fast jimmy... 

Xbox One is becoming a Windows 10 based PC and is not dying by any means. Also I can pick Xbox One up for $299 here in Canada with Halo MCC. PC with the specs of Xbox One will cost you as much as the Xbox One if not more. 

Also is Sony having any must play exclusives this holiday season that you need to give them 400 bucks? Why not wait til Uncharted 4 hits or price cut is in effect?

Why not wait 6 years till the end of the generation so its super cheap and all the mus haves are already out?

Because there are already a lot of vreat games to play? There are awesome games coming out every month?

Around the Network
zero129 said:
One thing i wonder is if Sony made an Exclusive PC OS for people to essentially build their own PS console to the specs they wanted and supported it with their games plus it could play PC steam games would Sony fans be happy that Sony is supporting their other platform since you still need Sony's OS to play them games or would they be un happy??.

I honestly wouldn't own a PS4.

I'd be fine with that.

You pretty much pointed out what i knew since the Xbox brand existed and is one of the reasons why i dislike the xbox brand over the other two. But why havent people who like consoles figured it out yet who chose the xbox over the playstation? after all Microsofts wants to kill the way of gaming you love? So why chosing them over sony?

Protendo said:

Name one PS4 title on PS now.

Just one. We both know it won't happen until PS5 at earliest.  Meanwhile, Microsoft Xbox One exclusives are now being playable on PC day One. Gear Collection, Fable, the new Rare games, and more.

While you are technically correct with PS4 based Sony made titles, they are opening up their library of console exclusives to other devices by turning it into a service, it will be available on TV's, tablets, smartphones, and who knows how many other devices in the future.

As far as Gears (was available during the 360 era) Fable (a F2P game with cross play), and Rare new IP (MMO, multiplayer) these games have a bigger audience on PC's. they are trying to get console gamers to play more PC type games. Also why they're pushing MOBA's on the XB1 platform.

But like I said, a good amount of PS4 console exclusive's are also coming to the PC as well. 

The winner here is the gamer, eventually we will no longer be tied to any hardware to play any games. Then we will trully see how big these 1st party franchises are when they compete against each other across multiple devices. I for one can't wait for that future.

For the record, I am a PC, XB1, PS4 owner. And I still have the PS3, and 360 still connected in my living room, as well as a HTPC. So I have no bias, I just love games since the first time I played Donkey Kong on my Coleco Vision back in the 80's

zero129 said:

I have been saying the same too. All signs point to it happening and with gaming becoming so mainstream people are not going to be wanting to own multi devices to play their games just the same as people dont want to own multi devices to play dvd/blu-ray movies etc.

Thank you, someone else that see's the future of better gaming for everyone.

Honestly, it's not that bad.. it makes a lot of sense too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]