By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's still not game over for nintendo in console market.

curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
not with iwata in charge. he NEEDS to go. people can quote me on this. as long as iwata is in charge, every home console for Nintendo will be a failure

Him, Miyamoto, and Aonuma, they all need to fuck off and retire.

They are all liabilities, old farts so out of touch with the modern gaming market that they're dragging Nintendo into irrelevance.

damn dude you are really pissed xD

but what you said is true. they are old farts out of touch the the modern gaming market. they are also waaay to arrogant to see it. just stay with me a moment while i explain my point. they actually see them selfs as the face of nintendo, the reason why their fans buy the stuff they make. look at no other than thier E3 events to see that. every chance they get they throw them selfs in the videos. Remember that video were Riggie was throwing punches at iwata? how about the puppet shit that was in this years E3? 

i get it, they like to be involved. but always? do fans what the E3 for their shenanigans or for the actual content? i remember seeing an old Zelda announcement where at the end miyamoto popped up on screen with links sword and shield.  tell me, does bruce stanely pop up after uncharted's video? does phil spencer show up in Halo? 

i get that these stuff might be a part of Nintendo's culture and that the executives like to be envolved. but lately it just feels too much, and that they think that they are nintendo.  this is just my personal feeling about this subject, BTW. 

Around the Network

anyone thinking that they will leave because of WiiU is pure ignorant

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

bananaking21 said:
curl-6 said:

Him, Miyamoto, and Aonuma, they all need to fuck off and retire.

They are all liabilities, old farts so out of touch with the modern gaming market that they're dragging Nintendo into irrelevance.

damn dude you are really pissed xD

but what you said is true. they are old farts out of touch the the modern gaming market. they are also waaay to arrogant to see it. just stay with me a moment while i explain my point. they actually see them selfs as the face of nintendo, the reason why their fans buy the stuff they make. look at no other than thier E3 events to see that. every chance they get they throw them selfs in the videos. Remember that video were Riggie was throwing punches at iwata? how about the puppet shit that was in this years E3? 

i get it, they like to be involved. but always? do fans what the E3 for their shenanigans or for the actual content? i remember seeing an old Zelda announcement where at the end miyamoto popped up on screen with links sword and shield.  tell me, does bruce stanely pop up after uncharted's video? does phil spencer show up in Halo? 

i get that these stuff might be a part of Nintendo's culture and that the executives like to be envolved. but lately it just feels too much, and that they think that they are nintendo.  this is just my personal feeling about this subject, BTW. 

That actually makes a lot of sense. I guess when you've been as big a part of the evolution of gaming as these guys have, it can go to your head, and leave you convinced you can do no wrong. Power corrupts.

Clearly Nintendo is doing something right if they can release a console that overall performs worse than the last generation of their competitor's with a horribly over-sized controller with poor layout and short battery life and practically no third party support and still sell close to 10m at mainly a premium price above 360 and PS3.

If you accept just how weak and poor the wii u is it then shows the Nintendo brand is still very powerful. However the wii u has done some serious damage to that reputation.

I honestly think Nintendo could recover but I have this horrible fear they are going to bring some nasty under-powered monstrosity to market with an inflated price that will be the final nail in the coffin.

Much of what Nintendo need to do is obvious. At the end of the day they have to create a very appealing product, they have the software resources and technology (thanks to AMD) to do so. They need a charm offensive with third party publishers and need to come out fighting with their next product with improved online support.

Their next home console should be something that gets them right back into the core of the game industry.

They should just release Mario kart and Smash on other platforms and give full support to their handheld. Home consoles are just good for their local multiplayer games, which even them don't seem to care about anymore after the splatoon fiasco.

Around the Network

It really sounds like you're saying that to make yourself feel better and not us, no offense.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

curl-6 said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. I guess when you've been as big a part of the evolution of gaming as these guys have, it can go to your head, and leave you convinced you can do no wrong. Power corrupts.

i have bashed nintendo in the past. and sometimes been pretty harsh on them. but looking back at it now, it seems everything i bashed is a result of what these guys do. enough is enough, they need to go, because if things keep going the way they are... i honestly fear for nintendo's place in the console market. and i know i know, another guy saying "nintendo is doomed!" but just look at the WiiU's situation and the dwindling 3DS. with these guys in charge, i just dont see any way to recover. 

bananaking21 said:
not with iwata in charge. he NEEDS to go. people can quote me on this. as long as iwata is in charge, every home console for Nintendo will be a failure, and their handheld business will continue to slowly decline in sales.

He needed to go when they started development of their next console, its way too late now.  They need someone that has more confidence in the company and actually thinks they can compete.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bananaking21 said:
not with iwata in charge. he NEEDS to go. people can quote me on this. as long as iwata is in charge, every home console for Nintendo will be a failure, and their handheld business will continue to slowly decline in sales.

He needed to go when they started development of their next console, its way too late now.  They need someone that has more confidence in the company and actually thinks they can compete.

i agree. but i still believe NX is a handheld, and their home console will release holiday 2017.. there is still a bit of time to... change...

it wont happen, he wont go, and its annoying, are we really going to have yet another generation of iwata's nonesense? its just sad. it really is. because as a kid i used to love nintendo. absolutely love them. but now he is transforming them into a company that people are moving away from and losing interest in. 

WhiteEaglePL said:
Nintendo is a rollercoaster ride. That's the best I can explain them.

One moment they have one of the best ever E3's (last year) and the next, just when you think they have got it, the worst E3 since 2008 this year.

That blows me away too! They had the content to have a great E3 digital event, just chose to focus on small 3DS titles. Where was Fast Racing Neo? Where was the localized trailer of Xenoblade X, where was the Fatal Frame localized story trailer? Where was The Devil's Third?