By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's still not game over for nintendo in console market.

Nautilus said:
Doom everywhere!!!

Even in Bethesdas press conference!

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Nintendo, doomed since 1996 ; )

More like doomed since 1989-1990. Folks back then were predicting Sega/TG-16/3DO/CD-i/PC CD-ROM would eat Nintendo's lunch, LOL.

SanAndreasX said:
Cloudman said:

More like doomed since 1989-1990. Folks back then were predicting Sega/TG-16/3DO/CD-i/PC CD-ROM would eat Nintendo's lunch, LOL.

o: Huh, I had no idea. I guess I was just too young at the time to notice. I just loved NES and SNES too much x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

o_O.Q said:
bananaking21 said:

ill call Doc and Marty Mcfly. looks like we gotta ride back too 2006 and live there. 

no but i'm just saying that it's been done before which implies it can be done again

whats the most likely scenario though? that iwata continues to drag nintendo into the ground? or that he pulls of a mircale somehow?

its not smart to keep a guy who's managment is failing big time just because something very unlikely to happen might happen. 

Cloudman said:
SanAndreasX said:
Cloudman said:

o: Huh, I had no idea. I guess I was just too young at the time to notice. I just loved NES and SNES too much x )

The Genesis was the "in" thing with "edgy" games. The NES was outdated, the SNES just pushed "kiddie" games. Nintendo was "doomed" because the Genesis managed to briefly outsell it in the early 90s. Where have you seen that movie before?

The mainstream press was actually dismissive of Nintendo and Sega (and even the PlayStation for its first couple of years) as kids' toys. Meanwhile, they gushed over "adult" CD-ROM "interactive movies" which were generally glorified point-and-click games starring washed-up actors, and the acting in those games made it evident why those actors were washed up. :)

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:

one failed console does not spell the end of one of the industry’s most successful businesses. Nintendo can learn from the mistakes of the Wii U they can get back in the game  again. 

Ok, at first i was skeptical nintendo could ever recover, i just wish a miracle will happen, but i know i shouldnt belive it, because even if it did, Nintendo would fuc* it up

SanAndreasX said:
Cloudman said:
SanAndreasX said:
Cloudman said:

The Genesis was the "in" thing with "edgy" games. The NES was outdated, the SNES just pushed "kiddie" games. Nintendo was "doomed" because the Genesis managed to briefly outsell it in the early 90s. Where have you seen that movie before?

The mainstream press was actually dismissive of Nintendo and Sega (and even the PlayStation for its first couple of years) as kids' toys. Meanwhile, they gushed over "adult" CD-ROM "interactive movies" which were generally glorified point-and-click games starring washed-up actors, and the acting in those games made it evident why those actors were washed up. :)

Haha, I remember when people treated consoles like kids toys... Genesis and Sonic were supposed to leave Ninten in the dust too. Funny how that turned out. I don't remember hearing much about the adult CD games, but one of my friend's fathers really loved doom. That seemed like a big mature game for adults.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nintendo is done in the home console market. They want to compete in 2015 by pretending they live in 1995. They have no feel for the current market, and have lost support and respect of 3rd party developers.
Console world of today is ruled by EA, Ubi, Activision and Take Two. Sony and Microsoft are enjoying a ride on their backs, while Nintendo will forever be left pecking at crumbs they let them have (Just Dance and half-assed ports).

It most likely is game over for the wiiU. Time for the next one.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I agreed with everything bananaking just said

Iwata needs to go, just hire Phil Spencer's brother (lol jk)

But really, we can't rely on gimmicks and miracles guys...