By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's still not game over for nintendo in console market.

WolfpackN64 said:
bananaking21 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Well, you're not in charge of Nintendo, and I highly doubt you could do a better job.

now i never claimed that i could, right? but it doesnt take a genius to say that if a company is having a massive failure, and things are only getting worse, then the bosses around there need to change. 

By that logic, Iwata would be in neutral, don't forget he led Nintendo to own the 7th gen. And for all intend and purposes, Nintendo is in green again, so the man is clearly doing something right.

past success's dont matter much when there is a big streak of failure. The WiiU and the company shows to be losing ground to their rivals. they had to take some desperate measures to get back into the green. licensing their IP's to various things just to be profitable again. and of course Amiibo, which is a great business decision, but one has to ask, if they keep losing market share and interest in their main business which is gaming, how long is Amiibo going to last?

their core business, which is making games, is falling apart. their handheld business, while still chugging along, isnt what it used to be. remember that they had to slash one third of the 3DS's price after just 6 months at launch to make it viable. The WiiU was dead on arrival. their relationship with third parties is non existant, their hardware was outdated at launch, and their first party shows no signs of being able to hold Nintendo on thier own. 

This E3 shows exactly just how out of touch nintendo are with their fanbase AND with the gaming community as a whole. the writing is on the wall. nintendo needs to change, nintendo needs to get better, and nintendo needs to improve. if you think im trolling by stating the obvious, well then i guess we are done here. 

Around the Network

No, they can't, they do everything wrong. They are like drug addicts and they drug is called "losing money".

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Doomed since 7545 BC

Anfebious said:
No, they can't, they do everything wrong. They are like drug addicts and they drug is called "losing money".

Except Nintendo is profitable.

I agree with bananaking21.

In fact I will go a step further and say they need to hire a white person from the west to run it. Someone who has gotten around all the major 3rd party studios that has friends still there.

That person will be able to open up channels to getting 3rd party support and hopefully some confidence in Nintendo that they know someone is running it who they have worked with well in the last 20-30 years.

Around the Network

It's not game over but they've never been closer to it than right now.
At the time N64 and GC were declining in sales they could count on the growing handled market and they had a very strong reputation in the gaming community.
Right now, both home consoles and handleds are at minimun records, plus with 3DS and WiiU they did a lot to damage their reputation, even within the Nintendo fans community (not to mention their struggle with the developers community).
It's going to be an uphill battle from now on if they want to survive as hardware manifacturers.

bananaking21 said:
not with iwata in charge. he NEEDS to go. people can quote me on this. as long as iwata is in charge, every home console for Nintendo will be a failure, and their handheld business will continue to slowly decline in sales.

what about the wii?

o_O.Q said:
bananaking21 said:
not with iwata in charge. he NEEDS to go. people can quote me on this. as long as iwata is in charge, every home console for Nintendo will be a failure, and their handheld business will continue to slowly decline in sales.

what about the wii?

ill call Doc and Marty Mcfly. looks like we gotta ride back too 2006 and live there. 

bananaking21 said:
o_O.Q said:

what about the wii?

ill call Doc and Marty Mcfly. looks like we gotta ride back too 2006 and live there. 

no but i'm just saying that it's been done before which implies it can be done again

From 1st place to Last place in the console market. While Stays first in the handheld market. Its too far from over for Nintendo.

Pocky Lover Boy!