By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinion: Sony's E3 Gigatons are not Sony's Gigatons.

FF VII Remake (first on PS4, whatever that means) is the biggest gigaton in all E3 history. Knowing the FF teams times "timed exclusive" may mean that the other platform(s) will wait forever to get it ported.

The Last Guardian finally officially announced has shut up for good all those blatant mouths giving the game for death, like the ones at IGN.

Shenmue 3 now that it reached its kickstarter goal has Sony backing it up. 

Plus Horizon alpha preview looks already way better than the Witcher 3 and if Sony had to show all games coming in 2015 the conference would have last 3 hours.

What did MS show? Mostly games that we kept hearing about the whole year, and Quantum Break wasn't even there (vaporware?). A couple of new games, an over expensive controller and a very limited backward compatibiliy which will need to build its own library. Also about the b/c.. look how good it did to the Wii U. Or to the phat PS3 when it launched...

Around the Network
foodfather said:
jlmurph2 said:

Great to see that people aren't putting up with Xbox's conference being downplayed by biased journalists.

And thats whats its all about. Nobody batting an eye towards what Xbox has shown off. I know that Gears and Halo 5 looked mediocre for what they should be/should have been and I get that Uncharted 4 will most likely/rightly so win game of show, but the rest of the showing from Sony is getting far too much priase. 

Its clear unadulterated bias and its been like this for many years now. Its a shame that when MS has done so much to deliver great games over the last 2 years its dissappointing to see credit not being given where its due

Oh it'll never be done. Just look at any game that comes on PC with Xbox. Constantly getting reminded that there's another place where you can a certain game and that Xbox is somehow dying. Any thread with a PS4/PC game has something like "Looks like more games for the PS4!".

You know, I'd really get the complains about Sony not focusing on 2015 titles in their E3, if they didn't focus on those games in the days and weeks leading up to E3, which is something that a couple people seem to try and conveniently forget.

jlmurph2 said:
foodfather said:

And thats whats its all about. Nobody batting an eye towards what Xbox has shown off. I know that Gears and Halo 5 looked mediocre for what they should be/should have been and I get that Uncharted 4 will most likely/rightly so win game of show, but the rest of the showing from Sony is getting far too much priase. 

Its clear unadulterated bias and its been like this for many years now. Its a shame that when MS has done so much to deliver great games over the last 2 years its dissappointing to see credit not being given where its due

Oh it'll never be done. Just look at any game that comes on PC with Xbox. Constantly getting reminded that there's another place where you can a certain game and that Xbox is somehow dying. Any thread with a PS4/PC game has something like "Looks like more games for the PS4!".

wow, just wow.  

but but Shenmue is Pc also but but No mens sky is pc.  Never used by any xbox people here right, sure sure.

Well, I agree. Sony is good at this but it works!!!

I rate it 8/10, MS 8.5/10 because thier exclusives like Tomb Raider appeal to be far more than what Shenmue or FF7 do. I don't care what others think, I don't go for the popular opinion but completely understand how to most, Sony won.

Around the Network

Oh and regarding not giving credit where credit is due, don't act as if the people in here trying to downplay the Sony show, you know who you are, aren't doing the same thing, across the board completely ignoring Horizon and not even acknowledging that the things so many were worried about Sony spending too much time on weren't really talked about that much by them at all, like indies, non-gaming stuff or VR, in fact it was MS who actually spend more time talking about indies and their augmented reality headset among the two.

FF7 Remake? Saw that coming, especially after the backlash of the troll FF7 HD announcement.

The Last Guardian? Don't care anymore, especially since we knew this game has been talked about for a LONG time.

Shenmue 3? That's cool, but it's not exclusively PS4 related.

So these are suppose to be the highlights of why this E3 rocked? This E3 for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are all huge jokes.

jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Quite right... last year E3 sony was 2014/2015 and MS 2015/2016... can end up being alwyas dephased between both.

Not true at all. Forza, MCC and Sunset Overdrive were all at E3 2014

You are right, but forza and so were on the previous e3 as well right? There are games Sony is releasing this year that don't know why they left out of the presentation.

And in 2013-2014 e3 ms showed games that will launch 2016-17. But at least they are games x1 fans are eager to play.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

WhiteEaglePL said:

I rate it 8/10, MS 8.5/10 because thier exclusives like Tomb Raider appeal to be far more than what Shenmue or FF7 do. I don't care what others think, I don't go for the popular opinion but completely understand how to most, Sony won.

If Tomb Raider appeals to you, Uncharted would appeal to you as well. You should give it a look.

GameMasterPC said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

If Tomb Raider appeals to you, Uncharted would appeal to you as well. You should give it a look.

It does as well, but Tomb Raider a little more. If I could afford I would have both X1/PS4 with the games that appeal to me by now. Deciding sucks 1 sucks.