By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinion: Sony's E3 Gigatons are not Sony's Gigatons.

Dulfite said:
I find it funny how people are declaring winners before Nintendo even has there's as if Nintendo is famous for stunning people with announcements a lot more than Microsoft or Sony. So far Sony is winning, I'm my Nintendo fanboy opinion, but hopefully Nintendo has awesome event.

Nintendo already won by default. We were actually discussing second place all along.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
FunFan said:
Dulfite said:
I find it funny how people are declaring winners before Nintendo even has there's as if Nintendo is famous for stunning people with announcements a lot more than Microsoft or Sony. So far Sony is winning, I'm my Nintendo fanboy opinion, but hopefully Nintendo has awesome event.

Nintendo already won by default. We were actually discussing second place all along.

Sarcasm, or a fellow Nintendo fanboy?
*Edit, or Fangirl*

Dulfite said:

The only thing that can possibly come close to Sony today is if Nintendo has a Twilight Princess like unveil (which is impossible with their format).

If they do that, they only have to replicate it 3 times. Then we can compare them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

They're gigatons to me. Those are games I wanted, and games a lot of other people wanted. I don't give a shit about Forza, Halo, Oculus, or replaying the 360 library (note: I own a 360 and not a Xbox One).  And for those who might say that if Sony announced PS3 BC for the PS4 I'd call it great, you're right: unlike the 360, the PS3 has games on it that I still want to replay. But I still have my fatty 60-gigger PS3. :)

I will say that Sony has won E3 "so far". Nintendo is the only company that has any chance of changing that now, and I'm sure Nintendo will be awesome. But I doubt Nintendo will drop the gigaton I really want, which is that Zelda Wii U will be out before year's end, because they've said repeatedly it won't. But they can still come out with other great announcements.

outlawauron said:
Dulfite said:

The only thing that can possibly come close to Sony today is if Nintendo has a Twilight Princess like unveil (which is impossible with their format).

If they do that, they only have to replicate it 3 times. Then we can compare them.

Ok, I thought Sony had a good presentation too, but some of their biggest announcements were remakes or a video about a game they announced years ago. Horizon looked awesome, but I doubt it's going to push systems or too many copies (if I had a ps4 I'd get it, for the record). Yes they had some new stuff but their major stuff was old stuff (and by major, I mean the stuff that made the crowd go crazy so I assume that's what Sony fans wanted most).

I'd be surprised if Nintendo announces more than 1 remake and I'd really be surprised if Nintendo doesn't announce more brand new games than Sony or Microsoft individually.

Around the Network

Watching it now (while I post). Hate that the surprise just got spoiled for me but what can I say? It's the internet. Anyway:

-Looking mighty fine, Last Guardian!

-Horizon looks fantastic.  Not a big fan of that "Witty banter" anymore, though.  Just seems childish at this point.  

-Hitman!  One of my favorite series!!  

Dulfite said:
outlawauron said:

Ok, I thought Sony had a good presentation too, but some of their biggest announcements were remakes or a video about a game they announced years ago. Horizon looked awesome, but I doubt it's going to push systems or too many copies (if I had a ps4 I'd get it, for the record). Yes they had some new stuff but their major stuff was old stuff (and by major, I mean the stuff that made the crowd go crazy so I assume that's what Sony fans wanted most).

I'd be surprised if Nintendo announces more than 1 remake and I'd really be surprised if Nintendo doesn't announce more brand new games than Sony or Microsoft individually.

Well, Sony left a lot of smaller announcements out of the press conference. They've already announced the Beyond/Heavy Rain collection for PS4, so I would be surprised if we didn't get more small stuff (not to mention all of the pre-e3 announcements).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No, there was still UC4 aqnd Horizon, and pretty much every third party game will hit their platform, and be the best version, they're solid.

That Shenmue thing was a joke though, and so was FF7. Yeah SqaureEnix, troll us last year and then come out this year announcing what you should have announced last year, but then say, oh wait, it's 2-3 years from now, when you can barely manage getting the latest FF out the door. And Yu Suzuki doing a Kickstarter on your conference when most likely there's some arrangement already, but you guys know fans will cough up millions of nostalgia money.

Hiku said:

Sony were the ones who gave us the presentation that blew our minds. And they didn't even brag about it beforehand. While MS claimed that theirs was going to be the greatest lineup in Xbox history, and yet gave us no big game surprises.
That made me more skeptical about what to expect from Sony. But that also made the reveals all the more mind blowing.

Nothing compares to the suspense people felt during Sony's presentation. One game after another. I still can't believe it.
It was like the Twilight Princess reveal, except 3 times in a row.

This. Phil Spencer didn't do anything wrong when he hyped up MS's conference prior to E3. Their conference was decent, just lacked that extra oomph, in my opinion. Meanwhile, Sony was really quiet and people speculated that they didn't have much to talk about. Even with the leaks, people were highly skeptical of FFVII Remake and TLG, even me. I thought Kyoufu lost his marbles when he made his avatar bet on FFVII Remake. Overall, this E3 was a battle between two different approaches and Sony's approach paid off. Big time.

FunFan said:
GameMasterPC said:

You did say Microsoft has the best sim racer, that's no doubt you trying to bring up this Forza Motorsport vs GT thing.

And of course I can only give my opinion on who wins cause there's no objective way of deciding the winner to any E3.

Dude. I said Microsoft HAD the best sim racer, obiously referring to the conferences. As in "Forza 6 was the best sim racers of both conferences". Whats wrong with you?

Was that really something to mention about? It was the only sim racer shown this E3, it was going to be the best by default.