By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft E3 2015 - Live Now!

sundin13 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Just as the sky is blue and the earth is a sphere.

Ummm...the Earth is actually an oblate spheroid

#REKT

And the sky isn't actually blue, so, I think we have a problem here :P

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

It's long established fact that Nintendo makes pretty much nothing but sequels and almost all their games have similar artstyles, tomorrow wont be changing that.

Microsoft showed a wide variety of games with different experiences and art styles. EA showed games that ranged from sports sims and Battlefront to a Minions mobile game, PVZ Garden Warfare 2 and Unraveled. Didn't like their conference overall, but they also had a fairly broad variety of games. Last year Nintendo showed Splatoon, Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Kirby Rainbow Curse (despite what you may suggest, these games all have greatly differing visuals and gameplay, excepting that Yoshi and Kirby are both 2D platformers), as well as Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and The Legend of Zelda. Very good variety of both gameplay and visuals.

Ubisoft's conference was boring. Yes, it was very same-y compared to the others, even Nintendo.

This has nothing to do what I'm saying.

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep that's what my initial post was pointing out. Atleast Ubisoft actually makes major new IPs on a regular basis.

You are missing the point guy. They just show 4 games that looked like clones, imagine if Nintendo shows 4 games that looks like Star Fox or 4 games that looks like mario 3D world. Even if they are sequels/spin offs for the most part, they show a large variety of genres and they feel fresh and new, this was absolutely lame and feel old and clonic.

And that's what I wanted to say. Exactly my thoughts. 

Volterra_90 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep that's what my initial post was pointing out. Atleast Ubisoft actually makes major new IPs on a regular basis.

Okey, I'm confused now lol. I think that the Ubisoft conference today wasn't good, because what they show is... very similar. Microsoft did a good job, and they actually showed some good games and a wide variety in genres, I was pleasantly surprised by them. But Ubi... just no. They have at least 3/4 games which look like recicled assets from other games, and, jesus, 3 Tom Clancy's games? They were one of my favourite developers, but, now, they are not in good shape. 

My initial post was pretty clear. The quality of their conference has nothing to do with it.

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

You are missing the point guy. They just showed 4 games that looked like clones, imagine if Nintendo shows tomorrow 4 games that looks like Star Fox or 4 games that looks like mario 3D world, that would be the irony, but they don´t,  Even if they are sequels/spin offs for the most part, they show a large variety of genres and they feel different and new, this was absolutely lame and everything felt old and clonic.

How can I be missing my own point? There is no denying that all of Nintendo's current major games sans Splatoon are sequels/installments/etc. most of which having unrealistic cartoony artstyles.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You are missing the point guy. They just showed 4 games that looked like clones, imagine if Nintendo shows tomorrow 4 games that looks like Star Fox or 4 games that looks like mario 3D world, that would be the irony, but they don´t,  Even if they are sequels/spin offs for the most part, they show a large variety of genres and they feel different and new, this was absolutely lame and everything felt old and clonic.

How can I be missing my own point? There is no denying that all of Nintendo's current major games sans Splatoon are sequels/installments/etc. most of which having unrealistic cartoony artstyles.

Ugh, this isn't the place to have this discussion, however, Nintendo's art styles tend to be over a fairly big range (Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby: RC, SM3DW, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Zelda etc), and typically they don't don't hype numerous games that are extremely similar simultaneously. While you can argue that Yoshi is just another Yoshi game, and Kirby is just another Canvas Curse, when was the last time we got a true Yoshi game and how long ago did Canvas Curse release? While there may be a point to be made about too many 2D platformers (and many Nintendo fans have voiced that they don't like the amount of 2D platformers), they tend to vary pretty greatly in both mechanics and art style. The base mechanics and art styles in these Ubi games seem to be very similar, with similar shooting and driving mechanics, similar stealth mechanics etc... The differences tend to lie in what you are doing in the game (Siege is a small objective based multiplayer, new Rainbow Six is open world drug busts, Division is open world...something? (I didn't watch that part of the show), Watch Dogs is Sandbox, etc)...

Einsam_Delphin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And what the hell has that anything to do with nothing. Specially the "cartoony" style, what is your point? have you any point to beggin with?

The ubisoft conference was lame because almost all those games looked the same, and is not because they all looked realistic, is because they were  the same kind of games with a very similar artstyle and gameplay, tomorrow in the Nintendo conference you will see an space shooter, a futurist racer, a retro platformer editor, a Jrpg on an massive alien open world, a cute life simulator, a third person hack and slash/shooter online, a modern life Jrpg, a wolly 2D platformer, etc etc

Here you saw: 4 Online shooters that looks like every online shooter previously from Ubisoft,  another ass creed like every year, no changes, and little more. Bravo.

Is amazing how you can´t see the difference.

sundin13 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ugh, this isn't the place to have this discussion, however, Nintendo's art styles tend to be over a fairly big range (Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby: RC, SM3DW, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Zelda etc), and typically they don't don't hype numerous games that are extremely similar simultaneously. While you can argue that Yoshi is just another Yoshi game, and Kirby is just another Canvas Curse, when was the last time we got a true Yoshi game and how long ago did Canvas Curse release? While there may be a point to be made about too many 2D platformers (and many Nintendo fans have voiced that they don't like the amount of 2D platformers), they tend to vary pretty greatly in both mechanics and art style. The base mechanics and art styles in these Ubi games seem to be very similar, with similar shooting and driving mechanics, similar stealth mechanics etc... The differences tend to lie in what you are doing in the game (Siege is a small objective based multiplayer, new Rainbow Six is open world drug busts, Division is open world...something? (I didn't watch that part of the show), Watch Dogs is Sandbox, etc)...

There's no discussion to be had, as despite your long bit of text, what I said still stands, as it's simply the truth.

Einsam_Delphin said:

There's no discussion to be had, as despite your long bit of text, what I said still stands, as it's simply the truth.

Hmph...

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

And what the hell has that anything to do with nothing. Specially the "cartoony" style, what is your point? have you any point to beggin with?

The ubisoft conference was lame because almost all those games looked the same, and is not because they all looked realistic, is because they were  the same kind of games with a very similar artstyle and gameplay, tomorrow in the Nintendo conference you will see an space shooter,a futurist racer, a retro platformer editor, a massive open alien world rpg, a cute life simulator, a third person hack and slash/shooter online, a modern life Jrpg, a wolly platformer, etc etc

Here you saw: Online shooters that looks like every online shooter previously from Ubisoft, ass creed like every year, no changes and little more. Bravo.

Is amazing how you can´t see the difference.

Did you miss my post that started this? You telling me Ubisofts game line-up was all the same old same old only solidifys my initial comment.