By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft E3 2015 - Live Now!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Volterra_90 said:

Believe me, I will complain if I see 3 or 4 Mario platformers in the same conference XDDDD. But let's wait until tomorrow. 

It's long established fact that Nintendo makes pretty much nothing but sequels and almost all their games have similar artstyles, tomorrow wont be changing that.

Just as the sky is blue and the earth is a sphere.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
hatmoza said:

fixed

lol thanks ^^

Gary Oldman is one of my top three favorite actors. I would never pass an opportunity to talk about him.

Kinda off topic and I'll stop here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaWo-BlBjs

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Einsam_Delphin said:
gabzjmm23 said:

Maybe people wanted to try new IPs and different genre. 

No ones keeping them from playing other games.

True. I'm just saying that maybe people wow'd from Anno and other non-shooting game that Ubi showed and didn't feel the same with a new shooting game.

Einsam_Delphin said:

It's long established fact that Nintendo makes pretty much nothing but sequels and almost all their games have similar artstyles, tomorrow wont be changing that.

Microsoft showed a wide variety of games with different experiences and art styles. EA showed games that ranged from sports sims and Battlefront to a Minions mobile game, PVZ Garden Warfare 2 and Unraveled. Didn't like their conference overall, but they also had a fairly broad variety of games. Last year Nintendo showed Splatoon, Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Kirby Rainbow Curse (despite what you may suggest, these games all have greatly differing visuals and gameplay, excepting that Yoshi and Kirby are both 2D platformers), as well as Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and The Legend of Zelda. Very good variety of both gameplay and visuals.

Ubisoft's conference was boring. Yes, it was very same-y compared to the others, even Nintendo.

hatmoza said:
DanneSandin said:

lol thanks ^^

Gary Oldman is one of my top three favorite actors. I would never pass an opportunity to talk about him.

Kinda off topic and I'll stop here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaWo-BlBjs

Yeah, he's really really good! Loved that clip ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

Yep that's what my initial post was pointing out. Atleast Ubisoft actually makes major new IPs on a regular basis.

Not Ubisoft's strongest effort in my opinion. Just a trailer for Assassin's Creed when it is releasing in a few short months seems ill-advised on their part. They need to win back the trust of those they lost with Unity and a simple trailer is not the way to do that. I know people right now are all over the hate for the franchise but I still love it so there is little doubt I will play and enjoy Syndicate. I just wanted to be wowed with something new perhaps and that just was not shown. Very underwhelming.

If you like squad based shooters or multiplayer in general they had a lot going on. But, since those are not my thing it was a bit of a letdown for me. Anno has potential though.

Aeolus451 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Just as the sky is blue and the earth is a sphere.

Ummm...the Earth is actually an oblate spheroid

#REKT

Einsam_Delphin said:

Yep that's what my initial post was pointing out. Atleast Ubisoft actually makes major new IPs on a regular basis.

Okey, I'm confused now lol. I think that the Ubisoft conference today wasn't good, because what they show is... very similar. Microsoft did a good job, and they actually showed some good games and a wide variety in genres, I was pleasantly surprised by them. But Ubi... just no. They have at least 3/4 games which look like recicled assets from other games, and, jesus, 3 Tom Clancy's games? They were one of my favourite developers, but, now, they are not in good shape. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
Volterra_90 said:

You are missing the point guy. They just showed 4 games that looked like clones, imagine if Nintendo shows tomorrow 4 games that looks like Star Fox or 4 games that looks like mario 3D world, that would be the irony, but they don´t,  Even if they are sequels/spin offs for the most part, they show a large variety of genres and they feel different and new, this was absolutely lame and everything felt old and clonic.