By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft E3 2015 - Live Now!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And what the hell has that anything to do with nothing. Specially the "cartoony" style, what is your point? have you any point to beggin with?

The ubisoft conference was lame because almost all those games looked the same, and is not because they all looked realistic, is because they were  the same kind of games with a very similar artstyle and gameplay, tomorrow in the Nintendo conference you will see an space shooter,a futurist racer, a retro platformer editor, a massive open alien world rpg, a cute life simulator, a third person hack and slash/shooter online, a modern life Jrpg, a wolly platformer, etc etc

Here you saw: Online shooters that looks like every online shooter previously from Ubisoft, ass creed like every year, no changes and little more. Bravo.

Is amazing how you can´t see the difference.

Did you miss my post that started this? You telling me Ubisofts game line-up was all the same old same old only solidifys my initial comment.

... You are missing all the points, and you are doing it on purpuse because you are smart enough to understand what I´m telling you.

So I´m not going to extend this any longer because is childish.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

Hmph...

If it's any consolation I agree that the 3 Tom Clancy games are definitely similar (not the same or clones), but that's why it's ironic for Nintendo fans to complain about it considering they're most likely playing the 8th Mario Kart, 4th Smash Bros., 6th 3D Mario, etc.

Einsam_Delphin said:
sundin13 said:

Hmph...

If it's any consolation I agree that the 3 Tom Clancy games are definitely similar (not the same or clones), but that's why it's ironic for Nintendo fans to complain about it considering they're most likely playing the 8th Mario Kart, 4th Smash Bros., 6th 3D Mario, etc.

Yes, is the same to have 8 similar games (half of them in handhelds...) along 25 years with a reasonable evolution every generation, than 4 similar games games all at the same time, the same generation, without any major upgrade. You are right.

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yes, is the same to have 8 similar games along 25 years with a reasonable evolution every generation, than 4 similar games games all at the same time, the same generation, without any major upgrade. You are right.

They look similar to you because you're not a fan of them just like Nintendo games look similar to non Nintendo fans.

I was hoping to see Beyond Good and Evil 2 this time. Didn't happen and I'm sad for it.

Around the Network
Talal said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, is the same to have 8 similar games along 25 years with a reasonable evolution every generation, than 4 similar games games all at the same time, the same generation, without any major upgrade. You are right.

They look similar to you because you're not a fan of them just like Nintendo games look similar to non Nintendo fans.

No, even a monkey can see the inmense difference between super mario world, Mario sunshine, Mario galaxy and Mario 3d world, you just have to play them 2 minutes (or look a picture lol)

Now, look every assasins creed every year and they are the same on a different historical moment, only the historical context really changes, everything else it plays and it feels the same, the evolution is minimal, the artstyle doesn´t change, the mechanics doesn´t change, the level design stays very similar, only the graphics get some updates, and they are minimal because they release 5 on a single generation. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yes, is the same to have 8 games along 25 years, than 3 games all at the same time, the same generation, without any major upgrade. you are right.

Indeed I am. As for your previous comment, your points had nothing to do with the argument, which is not about whether Ubisofts conference was lame. And good job extending this after saying you weren't going to!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, is the same to have 8 games along 25 years, than 3 games all at the same time, the same generation, without any major upgrade. you are right.

Indeed I am. As for your previous comment, your points had nothing to do with the argument, which is not about whether Ubisofts conference was lame. And good job extending this after saying you weren't going to!

Your point is: you can´t be arguing against 4 clonic games on the same conference because you are playing Mario Kart 8.

Brilliant point, you should get a prize for it.

Goodnightmoon said:
Talal said:

No, even a monkey can see the inmense difference between super mario world, Mario sunshine, Mario galaxy and Mario 3d world, you just have to play them 2 minutes. 

Now, look every assasins creed every year and they are the same on a different historical moment, only the historical context really changes, everything else it plays and it feels the same, the evolution is minimal, the artstyle doesnñt change, the mechanics doesn´t change, the level design stays very similar, only the graphics get some updates, and they are minimal because they release 5 on a generation. 

Guess we're all monkeys then! One can easily consolidate all those games into "cartoony 3D platformers where you save the girl." Yes people are that casual to simplify them together as such. Are there bigger differences between 3D Marios than Assassins Creeds? Yes, but are there still similaritys? Yes, and that's all they need.

Goodnightmoon said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Your point is: you can´t be arguing against 4 clonic games on the same conference because you are playing Mario Kart 8.

Brilliant point, you should get a prize for it.

Nope, just pointing out the irony here, being people who play similar games complaining about games being similar.