By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - *Opinion* Ok so Xbox One IS the better console.

Yeah of course X1 is better than the 360. The X1 is a good console, although there is still a lot of room for improvement.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I use my 360 all the time. It's still awesome.

wilco said:
Still like the 360 better. When the One gets a better media player, better controller, gears of war and all the missing features from the 360 then it will be better.

I like the 360 more, actually.  Still, the XB1 has pretty much everything you said except Gears of War.  It's come a long way since launch.

The TV input and multimedia make it better for me. The games I barely even touch. Too many good things to watch. The 360 still gets a lot of play time. So many games on my external 2TB drive on 360.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Well there's no doubt that the 8th gen consoles themselves are better in a literal sense... But I don't like literal comparisons in this case.

Relative comparisons in this situation work better in this situation, and relatively speaking, the 360 is the superior console. Whether the experiences that you've had with a game hold up the same today, is irrelevant to the fact that you had a great experience with that game in the past.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:

Well there's no doubt that the 8th gen consoles themselves are better in a literal sense... But I don't like literal comparisons in this case.

Relative comparisons in this situation work better in this situation, and relatively speaking, the 360 is the superior console. Whether the experiences that you've had with a game hold up the same today, is irrelevant to the fact that you had a great experience with that game in the past.

Couldn't agree more. This is why I take exception when people "poo poo" retro systems pointing out their flaws from a modern standard. Same when older games get re-releases and it's all "I don't see what all the hype is with this!?". The truly all time greats do still hold up. However, there are still some games that were incredible in their time, but just don't hold up. It still doesn't take away from what they were in their prime.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
honestly, i tried telling people this last generation when they tried to say the Wii was a joke. I always used to say, yeah, the graphics look bad now.. but the games will stand the test of time. Nintendo always does a phenomenal job of making their games timeless, and while a game like Gears of War was cutting edge and breathtaking in 2006, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which came out the same month, has aged much better and is much more playable than the original Gears, I honestly saw it coming from a million miles away.

I used to work with (who is now my best friend) a guy at gamestop who loved his 360 and always talked shit on the Wii. We both had all 3 consoles and enjoyed them, but he definitely loved his 360 by far the most and I loved my Wii by far the most. Well, 2 to 3 years into this generation, he has finally come around to what I have been trying to say all last generation about the Wii and its visuals.

I agree with what you're saying. But I felt ripped off when I realised Nintendo had charged me for what was essentially Gamecube hardware and a fancy remote. Gamecubes were selling for $99 at the time and I paid AU$400 for the Wii. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Better than 360? I figured that much was obvious from the beginning. PS4 is 10 times better than PS3, and has been ever since inFamous: SS came out. The only thing I've heard the 360 does better than XB1 is Party Chat.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I like my 360 more than my Xbox One as of right now. The 360 is one hell of a console. I believe it's the best of the 7th generation. Still, the Xbox One is a phenomenal console. Just some improvements need to be made.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

pbroy said:
The TV input and multimedia make it better for me. The games I barely even touch. Too many good things to watch. The 360 still gets a lot pay time. So many games on my external 2TB drive on 360.

Wait can you use an external HDD for downloaded or installed 360 games from disk? or does it have to be modded to allow that? Have a ton of games with gold games I never actually got to download because my hdd was filled with things like gta5 and forza... those games eat disk space for breakfast.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive