By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Veknoid's Reviews - Jurassic World

I only looked at your score since me and the wife were thinking about seeing it. Without ruining anything, should I reconsider?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I don't think the film was that bad at all. Fans of the franchise are generally calling it the best sequel in the franchise (reddit/JurassicPark, reddit/Movies and neogaf). IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes are also showing favorable reviews.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

amp316 said:
I only looked at your score since me and the wife were thinking about seeing it. Without ruining anything, should I reconsider?

I would wait for it to pop up on DVD or OnDemand. It's not bad for a rainy weekend rental.

I just can't recommend dropping $20 on it at the theater. There are some fine action sequences -- one that winks at Hitchcock's The Birds is particularly fun -- and a couple laughs, but in general it's kind of a slog. The characters are boring, the story -- apart from a clever twist toward the end -- is predictable, and the movie just feels flat and workshopped. It's a pure tentpole feature, with all the baggage that comes with it.

Honestly, I think it's the worst of the four. The first movie was suspenseful and intelligent; the second, although overlong and sappy, was smartly directed with some terrific action scenes; and the third, though poorly written and derivative, at the very least had a B-movie charm. Conversely, there's no charm in Jurassic World. The characters are unsympathetic. The animals feel (and often look) artificial. And the story exists only as a vehicle to get the audience from one disaster to the next.

The movie was good in my opinion and puts the series back in the spotlight after a 14 years break. I have seen the movie 2 times already, so i completely disagree with the : original post.
My whole family and friends agree, if u are interested in dinosaurs , then go see the movie. While a review of the movie is nice to see and understand what the poster thinks of the movie, dont let someone else's view of the movie take u away from seeing the movie if u wanted to see if in the first place to begin with.
Same as with a game, see the movie if u want but dont let someone else take u away, because their view while may seem like it matches yours it might not after u see the movie for yourself.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I still wanna watch this movie, but I guess I should set my expectations a bit low now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I strongly disagree. The movie was amazing, especially the ending. The whole thing paid a huge homage to the original, and that's what made it so great. Plus the Indominous was a great addition.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone that thinks they'll enjoy it! I also could not get enough of that female lead. I don't know why, but she was so pretty.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I liked it but of course it's not perfect but what movie is today? It certainly beats both the second and third movies and I loved the second one when I was a kid. I would give it a 7/10

didn't really like that last part in the end fight though

loved Indominus rex!

can't wait for the sequel!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Just watched it, thought it was a good movie all in all. It's not intelligent in any way, but neither were the other JP movies. It places neatly right behing the original for me, with 2 and 3 trailing far behind.

Enjoyable movie, 7/10 for me, if you know what you're going to.

Summer blockbusters are always the same.