By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

Game looks so f***ing gorgeous and looks like a f***ing blast.
Couldn't be more excited.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Aerys said:
Yeah really amazing how no one cared about this game before the reveal and now it's one of the most anticipated game on PS4

Will you repeat this every 10 comments?

Yeah really amazing how no one cared about this game before the reveal and now it's one of the most anticipated game on PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Hynad said:

Will you repeat this every 10 comments?

xD

Dammit, man! Yeah, people didn't care much before they saw footage of the game. It was... just an other entry in the series, a re-imagining/remake... That's usually not enough to hype people. Plus, Into the Nexus wasn't all THAT good to begin with.

But when you see a trailer like this one here, it's difficult for anyone not to take notice.

I mean, seriously, that's near Pixar quality visuals in game form right there! =D

Hynad said:
Aerys said:

xD

Dammit, man! Yeah, people didn't care much before they saw footage of the game. It was... just an other entry in the series, a re-imagining/remake... That's usually not enough to hype people. Plus, Into the Nexus wasn't all THAT good to begin with.

But when you see a trailer like this one here, it's difficult for anyone not to take notice.

I mean, seriously, that's near Pixar quality visuals in game form right there! =D

Dunno what game you were playing, almost every fan thought ItN was great. The only complaint was that it was about two hours shorter than CiT (despite being half the price). Best gameplay mechanics in the series, great return of the Raritanium customization, Jetpack and Hover boots leading to some phenomenal level design, actually fun arena again. Plus it came with QfB free at launch if you didn't get that before, which adds $15 more value to the game. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Hynad said:
Aerys said:

xD

I thought Into the Nexus had the best gameplay in the series... And the best weapon upgrading system... The only things lacking from it is length, and compared to ACiT the story could also be more epic.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Aerys said:

xD

Yeah really ama...

It just looks like the kind of game we didnt see since PS2 ( except on nintendo platform ) , the ratchet on PS3  are not really exciting to see, they seem too dark, too serious when you look their trailers

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

DivinePaladin said:
Hynad said:

xD

Dunno what game you were playing, almost every fan thought ItN was great. The only complaint was that it was about two hours shorter than CiT (despite being half the price). Best gameplay mechanics in the series, great return of the Raritanium customization, Jetpack and Hover boots leading to some phenomenal level design, actually fun arena again. Plus it came with QfB free at launch if you didn't get that before, which adds $15 more value to the game. 

What other game it came with isn't really relevent to the quality of the game itself. ^_-

Anyway, I didn't say the game wasn't good. I said it wasn't THAT good. It was also the sixth game on the PS3, so there was definitely some franchise fatigue. I'm only saying what possible reasons there were for the initial lack of hype for this new game.  I love the Ratchet & Clank franhise, and can't wait for this re-imagining of the original. =)

Aerys said:

Cuz those gameplay videos show how well the game was made.

I think most where expecting something that didnt really live up to how they remembered R&C, this looks fanastic and it probably took people by surprise.

It looks like the jetpack is back:

Forum post: 'The jetpack was amazing. It might be the best thing they added to the series in a long time. I don't think it'll be back though.'

Insomniac: 'Or will it?'

The PS5 Exists. 

Holy FUCK! Those graphics... This looks like just the game to get me back into platformers.