By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

About F*ing time Sony

2nd console meter has swung back into the PS4's favor.

Around the Network

So can we expect more games like this for ps4? like a Ape Escape comeback? Sheep Raider comeback?...

Pls?

We reap what we sow

WolfpackN64 said:

I... I might be stupid.... I have no idea what this means.

Barkley said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I... I might be stupid.... I have no idea what this means.

No problem, I have a Wii U now and I'm looking for a second console, but since I have a gaming PC, it's about exclusives. I was thinking about the Xbox One, but now, I'm getting more interested in the PS4.

Hynad said:
DivinePaladin said:

Dunno what game you were playing, almost every fan thought ItN was great. The only complaint was that it was about two hours shorter than CiT (despite being half the price). Best gameplay mechanics in the series, great return of the Raritanium customization, Jetpack and Hover boots leading to some phenomenal level design, actually fun arena again. Plus it came with QfB free at launch if you didn't get that before, which adds $15 more value to the game. 

What other game it came with isn't really relevent to the quality of the game itself. ^_-

Anyway, I didn't say the game wasn't good. I said it wasn't THAT good. It was also the sixth game on the PS3, so there was definitely some franchise fatigue. I'm only saying what possible reasons there were for the initial lack of hype for this new game.  I love the Ratchet & Clank franhise, and can't wait for this re-imagining of the original. =)

I would say added value DOES add quality to the game indirectly, but that's neither here nor there. 

The only reason for the lack of hype was that Sony didn't advertise the game correctly in its initial reveal at E3 last year. For an entire year people kept saying it was a reboot or remake, and Insomniac said time and again "no, it's completely different than that." Doesn't help that Insomniac is prolific with releases, announcing about four mobile games and releasing SSO in the time it took to explain this properly; gamers don't like a studio that can pump out multiple games quickly anymore. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

I though this game was going to be 60fps. But they stick with the 30fps.

Goodnightmoon said:

Why would you think that? Insomniac said years ago they were done with 60fps. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really? why?

I would expect any modern platformer to be at 60fps tbh, is one of the genres that benefits a lot from a gameplay perspective, when I saw it I though it was going to be 60fps because is a cartoonish platformer on 2016. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Fusioncode said:

Really? why?

I would expect any modern platformer to be at 60fps tbh, is one of the genres that benefits a lot from a gameplay perspective, when I saw it I though it was going to be 60fps because is a cartoonish platformer on 2016. 

Really? I don't really find that platformers see all that much of a benefit from 60 fps...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really? why?

Really? I don't really find that platformers see all that much of a benefit from 60 fps...

Is this a joke? O_o