By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

Goodnightmoon said:

What? Platformers are always ALL about the gameplay and everything feels way more responsive at 60fps, and good platformers are usually very fast paced

Even Mario Galaxy on the super outdated Wii was running at 60fps because it was a huge improvement in the gameplay, that was 10 years ago, I would expect platformes today with that standar, in fact, almost every platformer is 60fps this days.

Based on ITN (which felt fine to me whenever it was holding its lock), i doubt most will care about it being 30fps as long as it's stable. The series is more focused on delivering chaotic battles than complex platforming sequences, so the response-time loss is less relevant than it would be in something like SMG.

I expect i'll personally gain more enjoyment from the CGI-esk world than a frame-rate boost (providing it's stable).

Around the Network

My nostalgia is hitting high gear. The presentation and gameplay are seriously conjuring up tremendous memories for me. Instant Day 1 purchase the moment this comes out!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Best looking game on consoles so far this generation from a visual standpoint for sure IMO and it looks so fun.
Ratchet & Clank has always been a personal favorite series of mine on Playstation, I really can't wait to play this next year.

If Sony are showing off things like this and announcing release dates for games like Until Dawn as a definite Summer release they must have some big stuff for this Fall that they're yet to announce.
By the looks of Ratchet & Clank it would be ready to release this Holiday.

This got me so amped for E3!!

Doesn't seem to be much creativity or inovation going on with this game.

Pretty meh outside of the graphics.

Samus Aran said:

O_o Did you watch the same video as everyone else? creativity was there in bunches.... innovation? meh who cares, gameplay looked great.

You dont need to be a "special snowflake" to be a good game, sometimes I find myself looking at new games and thinking, wish this was just a old school such and such instead of whatever the hell this mess is.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Considering the previous three games in the series were mostly crucified for the major changes they each had, I think playing it normally is the smart decision here. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

JRPGfan said:
Samus Aran said:

O_o Did you watch the same video as everyone else? creativity was there in bunches.... innovation? meh who cares, gameplay looked great.

You dont need to be a "special snowflake" to be a good game, sometimes I find myself looking at new games and thinking, wish this was just a old school such and such instead of whatever the hell this mess is.

Didn't say it was going to be a bad game, but I think a sequel should at least try new things.

After Splatoon I guess my expectations about innovation are pretty high, that game is super addicting! And I think it's going to steal R & C's crown of third person shooter/platformer.

Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

Didn't say it was going to be a bad game, but I think a sequel should at least try new things.

After Splatoon I guess my expectations about innovation are pretty high, that game is super addicting! And I think it's going to steal R & C's crown of third person shooter/platformer.

Sequel?  What sequel?

Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

This isn't a sequel...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:

Sequel?  What sequel?

Sequel as in new game in an established franchise. I know it's a reboot.