By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

O_o Did you watch the same video as everyone else? creativity was there in bunches.... innovation? meh who cares, gameplay looked great.

You dont need to be a "special snowflake" to be a good game, sometimes I find myself looking at new games and thinking, wish this was just a old school such and such instead of whatever the hell this mess is.

Didn't say it was going to be a bad game, but I think a sequel should at least try new things.

After Splatoon I guess my expectations about innovation are pretty high, that game is super addicting! And I think it's going to steal R & C's crown of third person shooter/platformer.

Good thing it's not a sequel, but hey you couldn't help yourself from shitting on this huh?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

O_o Did you watch the same video as everyone else? creativity was there in bunches.... innovation? meh who cares, gameplay looked great.

You dont need to be a "special snowflake" to be a good game, sometimes I find myself looking at new games and thinking, wish this was just a old school such and such instead of whatever the hell this mess is.

Didn't say it was going to be a bad game, but I think a sequel should at least try new things.

After Splatoon I guess my expectations about innovation are pretty high, that game is super addicting! And I think it's going to steal R & C's crown of third person shooter/platformer.

It's not a sequel. They're "rebooting" the series.

Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

No, no it won't. Also, it's not a sequel, thought you should know that.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

Do you complain about every NSMB game after the DS one, SM3DW, MK8 and SSB U? Just a curious question.

GameMasterPC said:
Samus Aran said:

Do you complain about every NSMB game after the DS one, SM3DW, MK8 and SSB U? Just a curious question.

What does this have to do with anything?

I absolutely loathe the NSMB franchise, it's lazy and uninspired. The Wii version is the only one I bought and I never even finished it.

SM3DW does plenty of new things, you might want to play the game. Didn't buy SSBU either as I'm not a Smash fan.

You gotta love the assumptions here LOL.

Because I'm named after a Nintendo character I apparently love every Nintendo franchise and think they're perfect.

Priceless.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

There will be innovation in the weapons, the over the shoulder aim from Into the Nexus which made the gameplay even better will still be there, and the new weapon upgrade system from Into the Nexus will also be there, and the jetpack from Into the Nexus might be there (Insomniac teased it). Honestly this game isn't here to innovate. It isn't a reboot, as the story fits perfectly into the canon (it is the same story with some additions) , they're just updating the first game as it was so vastly different from the later entries. Into the Nexus had tons of innovation. Don't know how much innovation you expect from each and every entry... And also have you heard about the brand new Clank gameplay that is in the game? Doesn't that count as something new?

Samus Aran said:
GameMasterPC said:

What does this have to do with anything?

I absolutely loathe the NSMB franchise, it's lazy and uninspired. The Wii version is the only one I bought and I never even finished it.

SM3DW does plenty of new things, you might want to play the game. Didn't buy SSBU either as I'm not a Smash fan.

You gotta love the assumptions here LOL.

Because I'm named after a Nintendo character I apparently love every Nintendo franchise and think they're perfect.

Priceless.

I don't know you, so didn't know that you disliked NSMB.

SM3DW does some new things, but its FAR from being innovative. Some new additions are there in nearly every sequel to every game that has a sequel.

And I didn't mention every Nintendo game either. I love some of their games myself. Wii U was my first current-gen console.

And what I said has everything to do with your initial statement, cause apparently any game which is not innovative is bad according to you, so just wanted to know your opinion on other games which failed to innovate.

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
JRPGfan said:

Good thing it's not a sequel, but hey you couldn't help yourself from shitting on this huh?

Forget haters. Btw this will outsell splatoon by a huge margin. Looks great graphics wise also.

Teeqoz said:
Samus Aran said:

There will be innovation in the weapons, the over the shoulder aim from Into the Nexus which made the gameplay even better will still be there, and the new weapon upgrade system from Into the Nexus will also be there, and the jetpack from Into the Nexus might be there (Insomniac teased it). Honestly this game isn't here to innovate. It isn't a reboot, as the story fits perfectly into the canon (it is the same story with some additions) , they're just updating the first game as it was so vastly different from the later entries. Into the Nexus had tons of innovation. Don't know how much innovation you expect from each and every entry... And also have you heard about the brand new Clank gameplay that is in the game? Doesn't that count as something new?

It just boggles my mind how you still can't change your weapons in real time after the umpteenth iteration. That really breaks the flow of the game. They should implement something like in the Zelda games.

The dance weapon and animations looked great though, especially the break dancing boss.

And what is this new Clank gameplay? Haven't seen it.

Come on, guys and gals. Let's keep it civil and on-topic.