By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

ErikaEinhardt said:
theprof00 said:
40$ eh? I really hope this is just smart pricing and not indicative of episodic content.

Pretty sure Into the Nexus was also $40, likely just smart pricing because selling games like R&C these days at $60 is a hard sell sadly.

ItN was $30 because it was developed in less than a year. Sony just wanted IG to send off the PS3 saga before moving on. This game has been in active development since 2013, with both the NC and Burbank studios working on it in tandem since SSO launched. The price would only be $40 because Sony wants to launch the fanbase to new heights with the movie and this, and $60 for a game AND movie is very appetizing to parents/newcomers. (The movie and game combined did/do have a sub-$40 million budget because IG lent assets, as well, so they were able to guarantee profit on both.)

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
binary solo said:
I'm in! I am always up for a R&C game that goes back to it's core awesomeness. One of the PS2 R&C games had an online multiplayer (co-op multiplayer) element too. I wonder if that will get a reveal at E3. The core R&C games have battle arena mini-games in the SP campaign, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to turn those into multiplayer modes. You could almost turn those into MOBAs, though not the standard 3-lane invade the base type.

I would love for them to bring back some Ratchet multiplayer, would be a blast.

Watched the trailer about five times so far. Still salty about the delay, but R&C is still day one.

Ratchet and Clank just jumped to number 3 on Amazon. Amazing.

Yeah really amazing how no one cared about this game before the reveal and now it's one of the most anticipated game on PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Yeah really amazing how no one cared about this game before the reveal and now it's one of the most anticipated game on PS4

Will you repeat this every 10 comments?

Hynad said:
Aerys said:

What do you mean? You linked to the same post you quoted and although he did post thi comment twice for some reason, the first time he posted it was hours ago.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Hynad said:

What do you mean? You linked to the same post you quoted and although he did post thi comment twice for some reason, the first time he posted it was hours ago.

Ha ha. No, the quoted comment and the one I linked aren't the same. xD

Hynad said:
Normchacho said:

haha oops, my bad.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Hynad said:

haha oops, my bad.

That illustrated what I meant quite well. ^_-