By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie U currently in development for Xbox One and PS4!

ryuzaki57 said:
curl-6 said:

This, without the Gamepad it's just another mediocre zombie game.

Vita can do the job

Probably, but then you are marketing to people that own both.

Around the Network

That games was great... but ONLY because of the gamepad features. I own it, and love it and I really prefer pro controller to gamepad for every game except this one time. It's going to be such a downgrade with a normal controller imo.

What a horrible decision by Ubisoft. They cancel any potential sequel for ZombiU and they decide to port it 3 years after the initial release of a game whose primary difference was based on its use of the tablet controller?

ZombiU only sold as much as it did because it was:
-  the only "mature" launch title game
- an exclusive that utilized the functionality of the gamepad
- a Wii U pack-in in Europe
- backed by a decent amount of marketing

The PS4/XB1 port will have none of these, hence they will essentially be sent out to die. Then again, I can't remember the last financial decision I agreed with Ubisoft...

XanderXT said:
The game's gonna suck without the Gamepad.

Hopefully it supports the Vita? 

Literally this was,the only game I wanted to buy a woii u for, and now I really don't have to get one at all now

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
curl-6 said:

Vita can do the job

I doubt they'll go to the trouble of implementing that though. How many games do?

curl-6 said:
sundin13 said:
Thats going to be a huge downgrade...the Gamepad made that game

While it was my favorite of the launch titles, let's be honest here, it was a pretty mediocre zombie game anyway.

Tachikoma said:
curl-6 said:

While it was my favorite of the launch titles, let's be honest here, it was a pretty mediocre zombie game anyway.

In a lot of ways, I would agree. 

Graphics were certainly nothing special, nor was the AI, the story, the level design, etc.

It was the Gamepad that kept me engaged.

curl-6 said:
Tachikoma said:

In a lot of ways, I would agree. 

Graphics were certainly nothing special, nor was the AI, the story, the level design, etc.

It was the Gamepad that kept me engaged.

Well, they can still look forward to the.... Oooooohhhhhh. 

No need for it. We already have dying light and soon dead island.