By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie U currently in development for Xbox One and PS4!

think-man said:
What makes the gamepad so good?

Besides adding variety to the gameplay, looking down at it to pick locks or sort through your bag while glancing up now and then at the main screen to check if a zombie was sneaking up on you was tense as fuck.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
XanderXT said:
The game's gonna suck without the Gamepad.

The game sucks with the Gamepad. It's a lost cause any way you slice it.

Bingo.

cycycychris said:
curl-6 said:
cycycychris said:

How much of that was them. I know the game pad would be them, but those upgrades, were they just ported to the wii u from the 360 version they release along side the wii u.

But I think this is a very large project. Needing huge redesigns, big upgrades in graphics, big game play changes. Probably more content added. It just seems like a project only a internal studio would be trusted with. 

Funky Barn just makes to much sense, since it's there own game. 

I don't see why they'd even tease it if it was Funky Barn, they know nobody's going to be excited about 

And now they have people excited for this mystery port. It's actually really good marketing if true. Get the name out there. 

But that will all backfire and turn to ill will when it's revealed to be Funky Barn, so it won't help them long term.

It won't sell well on the the PS4 or X1...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Doesn't matter what game it is. It most likely won't sell unless they launch it at $20 or less.

Around the Network
twintail said:
I wonder if they will put in the effort to make PS4 <> Vita remote play somewhat similar to its original WiiU setup.

I doubt it. If anything it will be a fast and dirty port to get it out as soon as possible, before there are too many zombie games for it to matter.

cycycychris said:
curl-6 said:

But that will all backfire and turn to ill will when it's revealed to be Funky Barn, so it won't help them long term.

Very true. But I remember this was revealed in an interview, so that may also have affect on the mystery. I don't feel like looking it up, but response could have been to an question about the potential of an up coming game to ps4.  Announcing the port then could hurt them, since it world be way to early. But it could also be  a third party game. Not many to choice from though. 

Yeah if it is Funky Barn they've not done themselves any favours by getting people intrigued.

shikamaru317 said:
Meh, no thanks. Was hoping that Tantalus' mystery Wii U to PS4/XB1 port would be something cool, guess not

What else were you expecting? Every other exclusive on the Wii U is either a Nintendo IP or a Nintendo-funded exclusive. ZombiU is the only third party exclsuive on the Wii U that I can even think of that would have been able to be ported. It makes sense.

sundin13 said:
Thats going to be a huge downgrade...the Gamepad made that game

So wrong, the gamepad was just a gimmick in this game, you could easily replace it with a real controller.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

They'd be better off just making a sequel and not building it around the gamepad. I do agree that that aspect made it much better, but there was other stuff I liked about it too.