By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku: Xenoblade Chronicles Import Preview -- 'in one word, it would be “boredom.'

amp316 said:
It sounds like 200 hours of cutscenes again...

Ha ha ha.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Kotaku is on life support, you can tell just by looking at how many items on its main page are actually revenue driven and not just news

Anyone expecting grounded quality reviews from them at this point are expecting far too much.

SCEJ developer here, and I'll reiterate, XCX is thus far the best game of gen8 IMO.

Would you agree with his point on the length of the main story though?

spemanig said:
It's only 12 missions long? Why is a XB campaign being divided into missions?

The game has a home base. That should of been expected...? 

Oh boy, here we go... I'll just wait for other reviews to hit up, when the game is close to release.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

DerNebel said:
Tachikoma said:
Kotaku is on life support, you can tell just by looking at how many items on its main page are actually revenue driven and not just news

Anyone expecting grounded quality reviews from them at this point are expecting far too much.

SCEJ developer here, and I'll reiterate, XCX is thus far the best game of gen8 IMO.

Well from what I've seen the main story is 12 chapters long, not 12 missions. Each chapter is split into smaller story quests, several of which can only be activated after exploring a certain amount of an area, doing a certain sidequest etc.

The story follows a drastically different style to that of the original Xenoblade, but that doesn't mean it's bad or short. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Im going to be pissed if this game blows.

I'm just gonna wait for more reviews of this game to come out before I draw any conclusions and whatnot...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Usually during the summer people are often outside playing other sorts of games or going on holidays while some play video games, I sense Kotaku is desperate for some clicks.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Conegamer said:
DerNebel said:

Well from what I've seen the main story is 12 chapters long, not 12 missions. Each chapter is split into smaller story quests, several of which can only be activated after exploring a certain amount of an area, doing a certain sidequest etc.

The story follows a drastically different style to that of the original Xenoblade, but that doesn't mean it's bad or short. 

Oh, 12 missions, I for some reason read 12 hours. Nevermind then.

DerNebel said:
Tachikoma said:

No, not at all, because there's level requirements to progress in chapters. And the boss difficulty ramps pretty hard, I suspect the reviewer wimped out and took the "reduce difficulty" option after dying a few times to each boss.

Each chapter is comprised of multiple missions, too.