By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku: Xenoblade Chronicles Import Preview -- 'in one word, it would be “boredom.'

So he hates the first Xenoblade, well, that says it all... anyone who loved the first one is going to love this one, for sure. His complaints agains the battle system looks like he is talking about the previous one... so the combat is as good as the previous one. 

Thanks God Kotaku doesn´t count for Metacritic.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I don't trust this preview. Xenoblade X is looking to be the best JRPG of this generation. It might be my Xeno bias, but Persona 5, SMT X FE, and KH III are also releasing, and I also love those franchises.

How can you legitimately make this claim without playing any of those games? 

I said looking. Not that it is.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Kotaku is so relevant these days, they weren't even invited to Ubisoft's E3 conference ;)

PS. Tachikoma's better than everything Kotaku's every done, combined.

I tend to feel that way with Western RPG's.

Fallout 3 in one word? "Lackofcoloursandextremeboredom"
Skyrim in one word? "Extremedeathbyboredom"
Fallout New Vegas in one word? "Whyiseverythingorangeinthisboringgame!"

But I would never use that word with Xenoblade Chronicles. I feel it's more of a: "Whyisagamewithsomuchfetchquestsandrandomsidequestsofun?"

So I think I'll wait till it comes here so I can try it out by myself before cancelling my pre-pre-order.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

forest-spirit said:

Keza is not the one that did the review, that was Jason and that's the guy the_dengle quoted.

The guy still gave the game a "Yes" so how does he hate it? It seems the game didn't live up to the hype (in his eyes) but he still gave it a favourable score. The article Dengle posted was about the 3DS version which none of them seemed too thrilled about, for different reasons.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

It's only 12 missions long? Why is a XB campaign being divided into missions?

Pretty contrary to many of the other reviews out there. But hey, if it's any bit as good as Xenoblade then I'll be quite happy with it I'm sure.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Kotaku is on life support, you can tell just by looking at how many items on its main page are actually revenue driven and not just news

Anyone expecting grounded quality reviews from them at this point are expecting far too much.

SCEJ developer here, and I'll reiterate, XCX is thus far the best game of gen8 IMO.

Tachikoma said:
Kotaku is on life support, you can tell just by looking at how many items on its main page are actually revenue driven and not just news

Anyone expecting grounded quality reviews from them at this point are expecting far too much.

SCEJ developer here, and I'll reiterate, XCX is thus far the best game of gen8 IMO.

Hence my initial post :D

Kotakus on VGChartz blacklist I presume XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine