By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita totally deserve what has become of them

Do the Wii U and Vita deserve the sales they have

No they deserve less 37 7.77%

Vita deserves Less, Wii U... 19 3.99%

Wii U does deserve more, Vita deserves less 131 27.52%

They both deserve more 184 38.66%

Vita deserves more, Wii U less 52 10.92%

Wii U should have the com... 52 10.92%

Total:475

Alt Removed

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Qwark said:

Who buys 2 Xone or PS4 controllers and don't pretend the Pro controller is much cheaper. There are great 3rd party IP's, like shadow of mordor and the evil within which are good, feel fresh and are a nice change of pace from the usual games which are good to.  I am talking about a console not just about his creator so it's only fair to compare the full libraries of each console/handheld. For each Nintendo game there is a good game to be found on the PS4.

Killzone could be considered big and sold over 2 million long before VGchartz numbers according to Sony. So that could be considered big. Infamous also did pretty big numbers,.although outside holiday season.

If you're so insecure that you directly read MK X but fail to read titles in 2015 referring to the 3rd major draught of the Wii U. That says more about Wii U's uninspiring line-up than the line-up of the Twins which offered way more the last 6 months.

I already said Nintendo made a mistake in hardware design by going the "lets make a last gen console and try to sell it on a controller gimmick". That's why they don't have third party support. 

But lets not pretend that sh*t don't stink equally. All three consoles lack considerably in software right now, all three have had droughts and XB1/PS4 being held up as bations of originality when a third of the "big" releases are PS3/360 remasters is laughable. 

Uncharted Collection is going to be Sony's 2015 holiday title, after Last of Us Remastered was their big 2014 release, and Halo: Master Chief Collection was MS' big 2014 release.

That is pathetic. 

At least Nintendo is pulling their weight as a publisher, having made several great games in the last 12-24 months. MS and Sony? Not so much. Even the supposed "third party support" that we're supposed to be fawning over ... Watch Dogs ... dissapointing overhype. Destiny? Dissapointing overhype. Maybe Batman will finally break through and be worthy of a TRUE next gen experience because right now PS4/XB1 have been two years of playing high-res PS3/360 cross-gen games and remastered "remember how cool this was on the PS3 2-3 years ago, well we're re-releasing it! Be excited!". 

Witcher 3, Infamous SS and Killzone SF and Bloodborne are true next gen expierences, you could count Driveclub in the rain since it is jawdropping and it turned out to be a quite an awesome game (even though it took some time). DC was Sony's big game last year along with LBP 3 even though it is kind a lazy Sony probably had to make those remasters because R&C and Uncharted where not going to make it. MS has quite an awesome line-up with a new Halo, Forza and Tomb Raider and a good 2016 ahead just like Sony, whereas besides Zelda I wouldn't know with what big titles Nintendo is coming up with.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:

Witcher 3, Infamous SS and Killzone SF and Bloodborne are true next gen expierences, you could count Driveclub in the rain since it is jawdropping and it turned out to be a quite an awesome game (even though it took some time). DC was Sony's big game last year along with LBP 3 even though it is kind a lazy Sony probably had to make those remasters because R&C and Uncharted where not going to make it. MS has quite an awesome line-up with a new Halo, Forza and Tomb Raider and a good 2016 ahead just like Sony, whereas besides Zelda I wouldn't know with what big titles Nintendo is coming up with.

So they're true next gen experiences, because they're prettier than its previous versions on last gen hardware? Ok, then. What a amazing gen, Ps4 and X1 are the only ones which truly deserve greats sales!

Edit: By the way, since when R&C is a sony big title? So we can include Star Fox and Xenoblade X on the list of big games coming to wii u

We reap what we sow

I don't have a vita, but I can say that I did not buy it because of the expensive memory cards, lack of big games compared to the 3ds, and the big price. So it does deserve to do worse than the 3ds, but maybe better than where it is since it actually has some pretty good hardware.

I do however own the wii u and I can say it does deserve these sales. Wonderful 101, rayman legends, and pikmin 3 were supposed to be launch titles. I was under the impression that xeno X was a 2014 title, zelda a 2015 title, and FE x SMT a 2015 title. If there is a game that does not interest me, like splatoon, I suddenly have to wait months before the next title that MAY interest me. Nintendo marketed the wii u as having good third party support at first, and that quickly went downhill. And the worst part, we are literally missing genres of gaming, no not just some games, GENRES. No good traditional fighting games (street fighter, mortal kombat x), or traditional racers (project cars, forza, drive club, GT, the crew), no traditional shooters (cod, titanfall, destiny, halo), survival/horror games (fallout, dead rising, the last of us), no stealth games (deus ex: mankind divided, MGS V),... so on and so forth. So all in all, yes the wii u does deserve these sales

so, how many it would deverse if it had ps360 third parties?

Around the Network
Qwark said:
naruball said:

Motion controls had much potential for gamers to begin with like VR. Nobody was really excited about the tablet, neither did Nintendo make anyone really excited. The best thing about the Wii U announcement was the Zelda tech demo.

The Wii had an epic launch with Zelda, Wii U didn't. A simple HD console with a regular or better said pro controller, blu Ray player and MP3/4 playback would have done the trick with either 3d Mario, smash or MK8 as launch title.

@bolded

lolwut? You must have missed the insane number of threads created saying how awesome the tablet was and how innovative Ninty was once again. The predictions were extremely high (people expected it to sell 100+m easily). Not only that but almost every thread made with the topic "which console are you buying", WiiU was winning by a mile. PS4/x1 were not even close. Tons of Sony fans were saying that were getting a wiiu as a secondary console. So, there were definitely people excited for it, even if your memory doesn't help you much. The negativity about the controller only started after sales were dropping catching almost everyone by surprise.

@2nd bolded

Wii had an epic launch with wiisports and the controllers, not with Zelda. A Zelda game would not have anywhere near the same impact as the new way of playing video games had. The wiiu had the same strategy. The only problem was that gamers didn't care for it.

naruball said:
Qwark said:
naruball said:

Motion controls had much potential for gamers to begin with like VR. Nobody was really excited about the tablet, neither did Nintendo make anyone really excited. The best thing about the Wii U announcement was the Zelda tech demo.

The Wii had an epic launch with Zelda, Wii U didn't. A simple HD console with a regular or better said pro controller, blu Ray player and MP3/4 playback would have done the trick with either 3d Mario, smash or MK8 as launch title.

@bolded

lolwut? You must have missed the insane number of threads created saying how awesome the tablet was and how innovative Ninty was once again. The predictions were extremely high (people expected it to sell 100+m easily). Not only that but almost every thread made with the topic "which console are you buying", WiiU was winning by a mile. PS4/x1 were not even close. Tons of Sony fans were saying that were getting a wiiu as a secondary console. So, there were definitely people excited for it, even if your memory doesn't help you much. The negativity about the controller only started after sales were dropping catching almost everyone by surprise.

@2nd bolded

Wii had an epic launch with wiisports and the controllers, not with Zelda. A Zelda game would not have anywhere near the same impact as the new way of playing video games had. The wiiu had the same strategy. The only problem was that gamers didn't care for it.

Zelda defenitly had a good influence on the sales for the so called core gamers, especially aiming and sword play, just like Killzone was good for the launch of the PS4 it showed where the system was capable off. Gears did the same thing for the X360, even Ryse did, but launching your game with a party game which had been put through our troaths for 3 years on Wii didn't help much. The only reason everyone was buying a Wii U was because the specs of the Wii U where not revealed after the competition was known few cared about it. Everyone was expecting a great launch and a good use of the tablet when it turns out that wasn't the case nobody gived a damn.

That's the nice thing of being the first console of the next gen everyone praises you until the competition comes, which frankly threw the WiiU in a very deep pit and the Zelda tech demo got people hyped up to. Because Zelda in HD who wouldn't want that when it was known Zelda wasn't coming anytime soon and the launch titles wheren't all that special. Since the games didn't look that much better than the games on PS360, and the exclusives wheren't special either intrest quickly died. Followed by a long draught of software to have another 2d platform game didn't help either. The WII was more than only it's controller sure it helped to become very succesful the first year, but great software made sure it got to that 100 million mark.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Cobretti2 said:
I see them both as cash cows 10 years from now so buy up people!!

Yup, I'm def gonna buy a few Wii-U's and keep them boxed. One as a back up for me, and the others for me to make bank on. I'm gonna do the same with rare games like Wonderful 101 etc.

Both Wii U and Vita are good consoles/handhelds in their own right,but both just have wasted potential, thats all there is to it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Qwark said:
Samus Aran said:

Sony didn't develop Bloodborne, From Software did.

What big games does Sony have this year? Do tell me... All I see is niche stuff. If you think the PS4 is a big success because of those games than you're horribly wrong. 

Japan studios and From software it was a collibration between those two. And yes Bloodborne contributed to Sony's succes as did the fact the PS3 had plenty first party support and many new IP's and a diverse library. It is the very reason the PS1 buried the N64 succes and the PS2 buried the GC under a big pile of horseshit saleswise and being friendly with third party suport did help. Which Nintendo doesn't want to have anyways. It will not even be a question if Sony will have a more diverse first party line-up at the end of this gen, it is what Sony has done for many years.

Sony had bloodborne it didn't need more for the first half year which is just as big as Splatoon if you ask me. For the second half year neither Nintendo or Sony have a big game, but Sony has the luck of having third party support. On top of that MGS 5 could almost be counted as a PS exclusive sales wise.

The reason the PS4 launch was a succes is quite simple it didn't try to amputate all it's limbs before launching like MS with DRM and Nintendo with having a 2d platformer as launch title, having a weird controller and being underpowered with a hefty price tag. It continues to be a succes due to a constant flow of games, even some if some of them are remakes. Microsoft had a terrible launch but due to correcting is errors and getting a stream of games it outsells the Wii U easily.

Amazing how you know you're lying but keep spouting this bullshit.

also, the controller is so wird that has all buttons you expect from one in the same places. and how exactly having a 2d platformer for launch afects someone negatively?