By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita totally deserve what has become of them

Do the Wii U and Vita deserve the sales they have

No they deserve less 37 7.77%

Vita deserves Less, Wii U... 19 3.99%

Wii U does deserve more, Vita deserves less 131 27.52%

They both deserve more 184 38.66%

Vita deserves more, Wii U less 52 10.92%

Wii U should have the com... 52 10.92%

Total:475
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:

Now the Wii U has better support, but where MS is getting crap for releasing sequels, Nintendo does seem to come away with it easily

I got a Wii U and even though I enjoy MK 8, SM3DW and SSB, this is my last Ninty console. Simply because the draughts are on the verge of idiotic especially when you release a 2d platformer to release nothing meaningful for 3/4 months. 

Nintendo sequels are always one of the best games in generation, if that games are not so good or mediocre, situation would be very different.

Nintendo already merge their handheld and home divisions, and they already announced cross development for their next handheld and home consoles, also hardware spec will be ARM/x86 so it will be much easier to port games from another platform. All that will affect on less draught on next home console.

I will always prefer great high quality sequel over mediocre new IP. Situation when you get great and new IP are very rare, but Splatoon done that.

During the GC era they introduced Pikmin, N64 was innovative enough due to 3d graphics and even the Wii had some new gems. I for one would like to see Nintendo making a completely new big 3D actionadventure/platform/strategic/RPG series instead of the same old franchises all over again. Especially if it is another 2d platform game.

Well Wii U have Splatoon for now and it seems it will be bigger IP than Pikmin.

Nintendo Wii U games are fenomanal, and even in this state are better than Wii and when all be said and done, it will be bette than GC too.

TOLU619 SAYS: VGC's code seems to have a problem with multi-nesting quotes. I was trying to quote a quote of a quote. Anyway, I agree with the underlined. The Wii U library seems to be on track to be better than that of the Wii and Gamecube. I also voted that both the Wii U and the PSVita deserve better sales than they're getting. Even with all the management and marketting problems, they both would have done better if the market hadn't been diluted with tablet and smartphone games.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

They both deserve less imho.
And I own them both.

i'm going to keep my mouth shut on wiiU and just say,...

...i agree about vita. i love my little system but sony basically abandoned the system about a year in. a gaming system needs games and good ones at that. since you can count the system sellers on one hand (gravity rush,..) it really did deserve to fail.

that said i'm going to buy another soon to replace the one i killed. oopsie.

naruball said:
Samus Aran said:
Sony has the following sequels/remasters in development btw:

GoW IV
GoW III: R
Uncharted Trilogy collection
Uncharted 4
R & C reboot
TLOU2 (it was on an ex-developer's linkedin page)
Tearaway: Unfolded
Fat Princess Adventures
Gran Turismo 6

Yeah, Sony wouldn't dare to rely on sequels lol...

Keep loling all you want. It won't make your point valid. Sony most certainly does not rely on sequels. Its success is due to a combination of -yes- sequels, but also new IPs, tons of excellent 3rd party games and best hardware available on a console (and let's not forget the brilliant name Sony has in the home console market, thanks to ps3 being well-supported until the launch of ps4). Same thing can't be said for the other companies.

Doesn't change the fact that Sony makes more sequels than Nintendo.

Sony consoles sell because of the name PS.

But hey, if you think Sony's first party line up so far is good...

Sony is most certainly relying on remasters this year. The Order was a critical failure and hasn't sold all that well. So their only big game this year will be Bloodborne. Luckily they can still count on third party support.

Samus Aran said:
naruball said:
Samus Aran said:
Sony has the following sequels/remasters in development btw:

GoW IV
GoW III: R
Uncharted Trilogy collection
Uncharted 4
R & C reboot
TLOU2 (it was on an ex-developer's linkedin page)
Tearaway: Unfolded
Fat Princess Adventures
Gran Turismo 6

Yeah, Sony wouldn't dare to rely on sequels lol...

Keep loling all you want. It won't make your point valid. Sony most certainly does not rely on sequels. Its success is due to a combination of -yes- sequels, but also new IPs, tons of excellent 3rd party games and best hardware available on a console (and let's not forget the brilliant name Sony has in the home console market, thanks to ps3 being well-supported until the launch of ps4). Same thing can't be said for the other companies.

Doesn't change the fact that Sony makes more sequels than Nintendo.

Sony consoles sell because of the name PS.

But hey, if you think Sony's first party line up so far is good...

Sony is most certainly relying on remasters this year. The Order was a critical failure and hasn't sold all that well. So their only big game this year will be Bloodborne. Luckily they can still count on third party support.

Again. Not really. Remove third party support and see how much they would sell. Remasters do close to nothing in terms of moving systems. They're not relying on them.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Again. Not really. Remove third party support and see how much they would sell. Remasters do close to nothing in terms of moving systems. They're not relying on them.

I meant for their first party line-up, not the console in general.

If a product didn't sell well then it didn't appeal to consumers. Sometimes, that is the product's fault and other times, it's the company behind the product that is at fault. They both got the sales they deserved one way or another.

Stay weird Nintendo, keep doing you. They'll all come crawlin' back eventually.

run away! 

I agree, both companies royaly fucked up with those consoles.  Sony was being the Sony of old and charging out the ass for a handheld, a handheld should never cost the same as a console.  Nintendo's obsession to be different because its leader thinks they can't compete with Sony and Microsoft. 

naruball said:
RolStoppable said:
naruball said:

I don't see that as a complete 180, but just curious, what would, in your opinion, a better strategy be?

If you made a product that people liked, then you build on it for your next product. If you made a product that people didn't like, then you change what you are doing.

The Wii was Nintendo's bestselling home console, so people obviously liked it. But the Wii's primary controller became the tertiary controller for the Wii U; not only that, it didn't even see any improvements. Essentially, it was Nintendo saying: "You liked the Wii? Tough luck, we don't care anymore." This change in controllers is very similar to what happened during the GameCube to Wii transition. The GC controller was still supported, but it was a tertiary option. However, that was okay because the GC was a product that people didn't like.

Er, that's all? The controller? You honestly think that had they not introduced the new controller it would magically sell 100m? Yes, you didn't say that. I'm asking. That's the only mistake you mentioned and you refer to it as a 180.

For me the new controller/tablet is the epitome of continuing what made wii successful. A controller that could sell the system, which is pretty much what wiimotes did even if *everyone* hated them when they were revealed. Problem is lightning doesn't strike twice. So releasing another hugely successful system was unlikely, unless they could find a new gimmick (for the record, I loved motion controls). The excitement over motionl controls died well before wiiu was released. The was no chance the wiiu would have done as well as wii with the same controllers.

Motion controls had much potential for gamers to begin with like VR. Nobody was really excited about the tablet, neither did Nintendo make anyone really excited. The best thing about the Wii U announcement was the Zelda tech demo.

The Wii had an epic launch with Zelda, Wii U didn't. A simple HD console with a regular or better said pro controller, blu Ray player and MP3/4 playback would have done the trick with either 3d Mario, smash or MK8 as launch title.

People wanted to play Nintendo games in HD and a system in the lines if the PS2-PS3 made by Nintendo. With enough power for some third party 8 gen ports

People didn't want console which was barely cheaper than a PS4 but has a quarter of the power due to a very expensive rarely used controller without third party support or really special games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar