By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console family will have the biggest jump in specs next gen?

Which console family will have the biggest jump in specs next gen?

Next PS console. 100 23.98%

Next XBox console. 61 14.63%

Next Nintendo console. 140 33.57%

Next Nintendo handheld. 68 16.31%

Next PS handheld. 7 1.68%

Imma kid now, Imma squid ... 41 9.83%

Total:417

the only answer is Nintendo. Their home console/handheld are weak. They could only to aim current Sony devices and they will get the higher jump

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Nintendo easily (both handheld and console). However as far as home consoles goes I'd still say that the next Nintendo console would be the "weakest" but not by much

Nintendo did have one console called N64 that had more power than Ps and Xb in the 90s but I do agree ever since they have lagged. They are already developing a new console that will be similar to Xb1 and Ps4. I do think they will lose supporters if they bring a new console out so soon. They do have a chance of reviving them with only the right move and that should be next gen and match specs or better.

Bofferbrauer said:
Ruler said:
I say sony, they always tried to have strongest system for each generation with the most hardware. Sometimes it suceeds sometimes it didnt

Both PS1 and PS2 where weaker than their competitors by quite some margin. Your statement is only true since PSP/PS3.

PS1 launched almost two years before N64 and so did PS2 against GC/Xbox.

Among competitors, only the OG Xbox was really "substantially" more powerful than PS consoles.  I doubt GC was more than 30% more powerful than PS2.

OP:   Probably the Next Xbox. MS will try to avoid the mistakes of 2013.

Ouya 2.0 by far, no question

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Ouya 2.0 by far, no question

XD It's funny cause it comes from a sad story :(

Too hard to say, but I'm guessing MS learned a fairly bitter lesson this gen and will make sure the next XBox if they make one is hardware parity or better than the PS5.

Wow, opinions are more split than I thought. I imagined most votes would go for the 3DS successor, because of the lack of power of the 3DS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Like others I voted Ms because I think because of this gen they'll react for their next console.

If Nintendo doesn't try and compete next gen then my hope for them is lost. So I hope Nintendo's next home console.

bet: lost