By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 Models Certified: Including 1 Terabyte HDD Option

GamechaserBE said:
I got a second hand HD for 69 Euro....4TB =p.

500 GB is a joke BF4 + witcher 3+ Halo MCC already take up more than 150 GB and we are at the beginning of the generation...gamesizes probably will get worse... 1TB is not so much aswell even my 4 TB will not be enough for whole the generation.

Wrong console lol.

Around the Network

I already have a 1TB hard drive, don't think I'll need more than this on my PS4 for the rest of the gen.

GameMasterPC said:
GamechaserBE said:
I got a second hand HD for 69 Euro....4TB =p.

500 GB is a joke BF4 + witcher 3+ Halo MCC already take up more than 150 GB and we are at the beginning of the generation...gamesizes probably will get worse... 1TB is not so much aswell even my 4 TB will not be enough for whole the generation.

Wrong console lol.

:) Have both consoles, xone or PS4 are the same in that regard. don' think their are many early adopters who did not yet (had to) delete some games to make space.

leo-j said:
I just don't understand why games take up 25gb + storage per game on these consoles when games like uncharted on ps3 took up a max of 100 mb.......

ND specifically said they did something with Uncharted (and subsequently TLOU) that made it so it had zero load screens. I can't find the articles (every article for a search of "Uncharted no load screens" is people saying the game is not loading =/) but I specifically remember them saying when UC1 was coming out that the way they set it up, Uncharted's data could be streamed right off the disc and that's why the game has 0 load times, other than when you initially boot the game.

But then, you turn around and look at GT5. It had to install so much data, that it installed incriment by incriment in the background because if it did an up front installation like most games, it would have taken forever to just play the game. It did an initialy 6GB install, plus installed more data little by little as you played the game (game size ended up being 12GB, according to Eurogamer.)

So, 25GB on a current gen game shouldn't seem so farfetched

augst / September release earliest
maybe even only for the Holidays

they got the batman le and normal bundle for summer

Around the Network

Thats still way too small for storage. it should be at least 2 tb of storage.

GamechaserBE said:
GameMasterPC said:

Wrong console lol.

:) Have both consoles, xone or PS4 are the same in that regard. don' think their are many early adopters who did not yet (had to) delete some games to make space.

I have both as well. still havent deleted any game for XO an d i had to delte alot of indies on the ps4 due to lack of external HDD support. Waitng for the nyko accessory to be released  in NZ so i can start playing my ps4 and getting games for it. 

Hold up. What about SATA?

Good news. Hopefully they show a new model at E3.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Nice. I personally installed a 2TB HDD on my PS4 just over a month ago. 1TB should've been an option from the beginning.