By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Have You Reserved Your Free Upgrade Of WIndows 10?

Will be sticking with my XP :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Anyone know if when you upgrade it will either upgrade you current product key to W10? I remember when i took the windows 7-8 upgrade for £20 offer and when it came to reinstalling on a new PC I had to find out my windows 7 install and then upgrade to Windows 8 which was a bit annoying instead of a straight product key upgrade.

I'm wondering this myself because I've got all the new parts needed for a PC but W7 is on my current rig which means upgrading to 10 on the new rig would require payment of another 7 key since the OS is apparently "attached" to the mobo and I'll be using a new one for the upcoming build which means it's not exactly free for me to upgrade =/ and W7 keys are still more or less £60-80 and W8 keys being well up to £100.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Meh. Too aggressive marketing. Ads shouldn't be marked as important or recommended updates unless support for the current product is about to end. I would've reserved but won't due to that.

I bought my laptop in China and I suspect it has a pirated version of Windows 8. I don't actually know for sure but I think when I requested they set the language to English they ended up installing a English language pirated version. I'm worried it might cause issues with the update.

I am a little hesitant as I need flash media live encoder 3.2 which barely works well on windows 8 but works stable on windows 7

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Turkish said:
I dunno, dont wanna give up w7... How long is the promo?

1 Year so you've got a long time to make up your mind

Gonna wait abit and see... I guess, if that is the case.

I wont upgrade at all, Microsoft messed enough up allready

I reserved. Idk why but the approach for this feels shady to me o.o I'm new to PC in general so idk if this is typical, but it just feels off to me XD

zero129 said:
StarOcean said:
I reserved. Idk why but the approach for this feels shady to me o.o I'm new to PC in general so idk if this is typical, but it just feels off to me XD

How so do you mean?? you have a year to upgrade so you can wait and see if you want but so far everything points to W10 being a great upgrade and i for one cant wait to upgrade to it .

I'm not sure, just the way they're doing it. I think it may be the "Yes, free. etc etc" thing. I know I have a year, it's just the way they're doing it seems odd is all

Zkuq said:
Meh. Too aggressive marketing. Ads shouldn't be marked as important or recommended updates unless support for the current product is about to end. I would've reserved but won't due to that.

Great idea! Support for Windows 7 ends in 2020, support for Windows 8.1 ends in 2023.

So they should message the users at the end of 2019/2022 with something like that?

"Dear customer, remember Windows 10 which was released back in 2015? You could have gotten it for free the first year! But not anymore... haha!"