By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Have You Reserved Your Free Upgrade Of WIndows 10?

twintail said:
oh so i can jut wait for a few months then upgrade?

im still worried about this free full upgrade thing... i dont want it to not be that...

All this reservation will do, is download Windows 10 and you then decide when to instal it. I'm sure it's going to be a full free upgrade though, the backclash Microsoft will recieve if it isn't will be even bigger then the Xbox One backclash and we all know how that ended .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Anyone know if when you upgrade it will either upgrade you current product key to W10? I remember when i took the windows 7-8 upgrade for £20 offer and when it came to reinstalling on a new PC I had to find out my windows 7 install and then upgrade to Windows 8 which was a bit annoying instead of a straight product key upgrade.

Yes! So ready for 10 to come out!

I'm going to see if I can pay a small fee to have a disc shipped to me. I'm a bit wary of doing an upgrade to a system I've been using for about two or three years now. Maybe I'm just old school and things have changed, but upgrades to new versions of Windows often run into problems unless you're working with a clean install already.

Maybe I'd better just stay off my PC until this whole thing blows over. I don't want to accidentally make Windows think I want an upgrade or anything. That little icon is making me nervous as heck.

Around the Network
Panama said:

Weird I don't have that icon.

Me neither :-/

Mr.Playstation said:
Hiku said:
twintail said:
im a bit confused. will i have win 10 forever without an additional fee? I heard its free only for a year than its yearly subscriptions...

Wondering about this as well. I've heard different stories about this. Seems a lot of ppl are confused.

When reserving the upgrade, there's an asterik which says this:

That's not what he's asking, the question is if the free upgrade to Win10 will grant you a copy of windows that runs forever or if that Win 10 will be subscription based.

Basically, the question is if the next Windows is like the current Office where we have the traditional Office suite that once bought it's yours forever, and then there is Office365 which only lets you use it for a year.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

twintail said:
im a bit confused. will i have win 10 forever without an additional fee? I heard its free only for a year than its yearly subscriptions...

free forever

Wait, its free for a limited time? damm, i was avoinding doing by fear of the instability of new products, but if its limited, maybe i should do it.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I'm on the preview right now. I enjoy it a lot. :)

done