By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo NX to use Android OS

Darwinianevolution said:
Would Microsoft allow Minecraft Pocket edition on an Android based Nintendo system?

Microsoft spent billions on minecraft. They already allow Sony (their main rival) to use it. Why wouldn't they allow Nintendo (a rival with a different demographic) to use it too and make some of the profit to make up for the expense of buying it?

Around the Network

Doesn't sound like a good idea... As someone else already mentioned, the tablet market is already quite saturated.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Doesn't sound like a good idea... As someone else already mentioned, the tablet market is already quite saturated.

What does it have to do with tablets?

And a few weeks before E3!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Would Microsoft allow Minecraft Pocket edition on an Android based Nintendo system?

Microsoft spent billions on minecraft. They already allow Sony (their main rival) to use it. Why wouldn't they allow Nintendo (a rival with a different demographic) to use it too and make some of the profit to make up for the expense of buying it?

My theory on why Minecraft isn't on WiiU/3DS is that Microsoft doesn't want to compete with a console with Mario and Minecraft for the "kid first console" market. But in an Android based system, the temptation of ust releasing the game might be too great to resist.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

This would be terrible... Nintendo Ouya... -_-

Dr.Vita said:

What? I am totally surprised how anyone would come to this conclusion, seriously.

Maybe the NX will indeed be something like this.

walsufnir said:
Dr.Vita said:

What? I am totally surprised how anyone would come to this conclusion, seriously.

Its a "insider" joke refering to this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203557&page=6#9

I dont think its a bad idea they use Android to be honest.

Why not make use of all the apps already found on android market? Nintendo ofc could select which it would allow to be installed ect.

But it basically means not only will you be getting all the games nintendo make, but also all the android ones releaseing.

haxxiy said:

Maybe the NX will indeed be something like this.

thats just miss information.

Its been called a "device" before. a "store/system account" is a peice of software not actually a device.

best case:

1) I think you could expect them to do a console and a handheld, where the same games run at differnt resolutions depending on if your useing the handheld or the console.

worst case:

2)They do away with the home console... and sell you a tablet that funktions as both.

At home its put into a docking station, where theres cooling inside the docking station blowing air into the tablet allowing it for a slight overclock => slightly higher resolution only (than a normal handheld).