By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

A game I backed on kickstarter - Sacred Fire a few weeks back hit it funding goal and has since confirmed it will get ported over to Xbox after the PC release. Glad it made it as It sounds real good but was going slow in the middle of the campaign but then it got some articles on well known sites and boosted by a lot. :)

Around the Network

Some of you guys worry too much about Sony's advertising rights towards Battlefront 2, Destiny 2 and RDR2. It isn't a surprise Sony got those since the first Battlefront/Destiny rights were for Sony and RDR2 wasn't so surprising since Rockstar had more of a history towards Playstation(hell even GTA5 is still selling insanely well on PS4). Also there isn't wrong with Microsoft focusing more on its exclusives than third part partnerships(wasn't MS criticized for not focusing on their own games but rather getting advertising rights for games? Now it's bad that we are considering it "budget-cuts".) Don't forget that Microsoft also had advertising rights for Fallout 4, Battlefield 1, and to an extent Rise of the Tomb Raider not to mention Madden and FIFA. There will be more third party partnerships in the future, and it doesn't seem like MS wants to cut third party partnerships anytime soon( I could see another partnership with Bethesda regarding the next Elder Scrolls and even with those 4(?) new games they are making.)

Proud to be a Californian.

"So we designed a console for 2016, and a console for 2017. We were kind of working on both plans simultaneously. And at some point, we got to -- let's just call it green light. For what we would do in 2016, and we sat around a table not too dissimilar from this and said, I think we need to do more than what the silicon is that's available in 2016 at a price point that a console customer would want to pay. So that's when we stopped that effort."

So you decided not to compete directly with Pro and waited a year to take back the performance crown. Not a bad idea and I can understand why you chose to do that.

Your also saying the Scorpio will definitely cost $399-$499 since gamers sure didn't want to pay $599 for PS3. Well your right, that's the price range you need to hit.

My next question is were there other internal meetings much like this, where you also decided that "holding back" some exclusives specifically for the XB1S and Scorpio was a good idea since XB1 wasn't doing so hot anyway? I hope so because that would have been a really good idea as well and would complete the specs/price/games trifecta at your E3 2017 showing.

darkenergy said:

Some of you guys worry too much about Sony's advertising rights towards Battlefront 2, Destiny 2 and RDR2. It isn't a surprise Sony got those since the first Battlefront/Destiny rights were for Sony and RDR2 wasn't so surprising since Rockstar had more of a history towards Playstation(hell even GTA5 is still selling insanely well on PS4). Also there isn't wrong with Microsoft focusing more on its exclusives than third part partnerships(wasn't MS criticized for not focusing on their own games but rather getting advertising rights for games? Now it's bad that we are considering it "budget-cuts".) Don't forget that Microsoft also had advertising rights for Fallout 4, Battlefield 1, and to an extent Rise of the Tomb Raider not to mention Madden and FIFA. There will be more third party partnerships in the future, and it doesn't seem like MS wants to cut third party partnerships anytime soon( I could see another partnership with Bethesda regarding the next Elder Scrolls and even with those 4(?) new games they are making.)

Agreed. Do we even know if these deals were multi game deals or we're assuming they were just for one game? 

MS pretty much gave Sony a huge lead this year without even trying. With all the exclusive marketing, bundles and own games they will probably beat Xbox sales by a huge margin this year and the gap will just widen. And as more people by a PS4 instead of an Xbox for especially multiplayer games, as more other people in the future need a PS4 as well if they want to play with friends.

If some dude plans to buy a console to play with friends and 10 own a PS4 and 4 an Xbox One, it is simply very likely that he will buy a PS4 as well just because of this fact.

Sony understood that this gen, that's why they started to invest a lot in marketing for games you play with friends and with their own games and Japanese exclusives they win the singleplayer fans

Around the Network

Well, I guess that means still a lot of time at E3 to talk about Scorpio and show also some older games or new multiplat games in 4k. Maybe even some comparisons with how the games look on Scorpio compared to normal XBO (with extra adjustments as addition to 4k) and that will cost some time. 

Spencer always loves to talk about exclusives but I guess it will be still like the years before.

Ryuu96 said:
crissindahouse said:

Well, I guess that means still a lot of time at E3 to talk about Scorpio and show also some older games or new multiplat games in 4k. Maybe even some comparisons with how the games look on Scorpio compared to normal XBO (with extra adjustments as addition to 4k) and that will cost some time. 

Spencer always loves to talk about exclusives but I guess it will be still like the years before.

Would have preferred them to reveal it before E3 even if it was via IGN or something.

Best we can hope for is something like Xbox One S reveal last year which was just a trailer.

3 Minute-ish trailer showing the console, game montage (I'm not sure if they'll show comparisons between Xbox One and Scorpio as it's kinda like "Look at your weak ass console") and a price at the end of the trailer.

Didn't MS move their conference to Sunday so they can have more time to reveal their plans?

Ryuu96 said:
crissindahouse said:

Would have preferred them to reveal it before E3 even if it was via IGN or something.

Best we can hope for is something like Xbox One S reveal last year which was just a trailer.

3 Minute-ish trailer showing the console, game montage (I'm not sure if they'll show comparisons between Xbox One and Scorpio as it's kinda like "Look at your weak ass console") and a price at the end of the trailer.

Well, they want to sell Scorpio and that works with showing how much better it is. They also had Forza Horizon 3 last year where they had the XBO vs PC in 4k version against each other. 

I would be happy if it would be all about new games and exclusives and not much about the console and the improved graphics but we will see. 

With Scorpio now likely being absent till e3 I think that confirms a 399/449 price. If it was higher they would announce it before e3.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Nice fan update some good stuff, getting pumped for scorpio is exhausting I hope we get a release date fast, E3 cannot arive fast enough ^^

Twitter @CyberMalistix