By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

My elite controller is down, fuck MS. Every Xbox One controller I've bought has gotten stick drift (which basically causes your analog stick to drift on its own, and this is a nightmare in shooters) #OfficialPonyNow

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
My elite controller is down, fuck MS. Every Xbox One controller I've bought has gotten stick drift (which basically causes your analog stick to drift on its own, and this is a nightmare in shooters) #OfficialPonyNow

Get out!

Jk Doubt I'll ever buy an Elite controller, still too expensive imo and the plain white controller is good enough for me.

That GIF made me laugh more than it should have.

DESTINY 2 WILL PRESERVE PLAYERS' RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR CHARACTER, NOT THEIR GEAR

Share. Maintaining that emotional bond you have with your Guardian.
BY ALEX OSBORN Bungie has come forward to elaborate on its recent announcement regarding what will and won't carry over from Destiny 1 to the sequel.

Last week, the studio confirmed that while character customization will transfer over for those who reached a certain point in the original Destiny, that won't be the case for power, Eververse-related items, possessions or currency, which has upset many members of the community. As such, IGN asked community manager David "DeeJ" Dague how he'd like to respond those who feel like they were lied to when Bungie said their Guardian would transfer to Destiny 2.

Destiny 2: What Character Progress Will and Won't Carry Over
01:17
"What we talked about was a relationship with one's character," DeeJ explained, using his relationship with his Warlock (an Exo with a "fondness for Dead Orbits") as an example of the type bond that Bungie plans to preserve in the transition from Destiny 1 to the sequel. "These are all emotional pieces of context that I have assigned to my character and those are all things that will be relevant in all future versions of Destiny," he added, noting that "while I may have my own favorite Exotic weapons, that story has changed a great deal over the course of the past three years."

DeeJ emphasized that they "fully intend to deliver upon the desire to have a relationship with your character." That said, the studio "will always invite players to rethink that relationship and for that relationship to grow more interesting over time because there's always some new aspect of evolution or learning or mastery that defines that relationship."

He noted that one of the lessons Bungie learned is the importance of providing the player with new content to acquire so they can continually evolve their Guardian. "Destiny has always been about the new new, and that is what has kept people engaged, and that has been what has kept people excited," he said.

Fireteam Chat Ep. 101 - Reactions To Destiny 2 in 2017 and 2.5.0.2 - IGN's Destiny Show
44:37
"The one thing that any player of Destiny needs to keep in mind is that the world of Destiny will evolve. The world of Destiny will always change," DeeJ explained. "I would rather see Bungie stay along that path and continue to inspire and surprise and challenge our community rather to than ask them to upgrade their Gjallarhorn again and again and again for the next ten years."

DeeJ concluded by saying that "if somebody feels mislead, if somebody feels lied to… What I would tell them is that the dream of Destiny has always been a grand adventure that unfolds over the course of the next ten years, and during that time we want to keep players on their toes. We want to give players new things to experience, and that above all else is the one truth that we’re going to strive toward at Bungie."

Destiny: Age of Triumph Reveal Teaser Trailer
00:38
Activision recently reaffirmed that Destiny 2 is set for release in 2017. The sequel is rumored to also come to PC, and last year, Skylanders developer Vicarious Visions announced it's now collaborating with Bungie to "further expand" the franchise.

Later this month, Bungie will release the final live event for the original Destiny, Age of Triumph, which will bring back and update all of the old Raids. For more on Bungie's shared-world shooter, check out these 50 pieces of Destiny concept art.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/08/destiny-2-will-preserve-players-relationship-with-their-character-not-their-gear

Destiny 2 news starting to roll in. The announcement trailer should be out in 1-2 months.

What the hell do you do to your controllers Noble? I still got mine from 2013.
And I got an Elite as well. Not a problem.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

I play normally I thought. It's not like I'm beating the controller's thumbsticks while I play. Like, if I had the controllers for a couple years, then yes; I could see some wear and tear eventually happening but after a few months? 

From the 4 360 and 2 X1 controllers, I managed to get 2 360 controller damaged. The wired suffers from a cable break. The other one drifts away on its own. It also doesn't have its  rubber on the left stick anymore lol. Played about 3 or 4 years with each of them, so I'm fine with that.

NobleTeam360 said:
Goatseye said:

I play normally I thought. It's not like I'm beating the controller's thumbsticks while I play. Like, if I had the controllers for a couple years, then yes; I could see some wear and tear eventually happening but after a few months? 

I've seen what you do when you loose on Fifa, No wonder your controllers keep dieing :(

NobleTeam360 said:
Goatseye said:

Don't feel too bad, same thing happens to me, and pretty much everyone I know that plays a lot of shooters. Sometimes they last longer than usual, but on average, since about the last couple years of the 360's life cycle, I've been going through a controler per year, or year and a half pretty consistantly. It's always the stick drift, usually on the left stick, and sometimes I'll put up with it for a bit if it's very minor, but sooner or later that shit just has to be replaced.

Got me another month of EA Access and tried some older BC games.
Skate 3 is my first game in the series and so far I like it quite a bit. Still pretty early into the game though. It's definitely a nice and fun distraction.
Also started the Battlefield 3 campaign, which I already started on PC several years ago but never came close to finish. Anyway for a 7th gen game, this is really good looking. But over 30GB for a 7th gen game.... jeez I knew it came on two discs with one containing higher res textures, but the game must have gotten tons of updates since.
Also trying to get some achievements in older sports titles so I can finally delete them from my HDD and my to do list on TA. Already deleted Madden NFL 25 and NHL 16. Next up will be FIFA 14-16 and Madden NFL 16. I need that space!!!