By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

That's understandable, but I disagree.  It's a team game, winning is king. if it was individual performance people would team kill for weapons and be mad campers so as not to get negative points for death. It would also discourage coordination. This way it's the most enjoyable and competitive in game experience possible. There's always ffa for the people who don't like it.

I mainly played solo in reaches arena, and in 12 season I was top 20 percent onyx(the highest rank tier) for 12 straight seasons(played 1000+ matches in that mode). Obviously I will try to pull a team together when I can. For a few good friends, and one who is better than most 'pros'. 

It just seems like I never get matched with a good team in Halo games. I'd say at least 6/10 games I'm the top player on the losing team and one of the top 3 players overall, but those losses keep me from achieving the rank I feel I deserve. I hate how you can work your butt off carrying a crappy team, be the top player overall between both teams, and then lose a rank. Halo has been like that since Halo 2 and it just drives me crazy. You shouldn't have to either have skilled friends or be in a good clan to get a good rank. It wouldn't be so bad if they brought back the Halo 3 feature that let you stay matched with your current team, I used that quite extensively in Halo 3 and it allowed me to get a pretty good rank. In the Halo 5 beta though I was getting some pretty crappy matches and because of that only managed to reach Gold 3 (the equivalent of Platinum 3 in the final ranking system), and I feel like I'm at least an Onyx 2 beta/Diamond 2 final player.

I know it sucks, but short of them having a seperate ranking system that runs next to the current one I don't see it. An individual skill system could work quite well in warzone tho.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:
I think ms really messed up having the halo console bundle being so expensive.its 500$ and its sitting at #12 on Amazon. If it was 400 it would sell so well. There is really no reason for it to be higher than 450.

Agreed, the limited edition should have been $450 and they really should have had a standard 500 GB black bundle for $350 as well. They're going to get Dominated by Sony in October NPD since Sony cut price.

And that in their almost last market where they are strong. It's like saying "well, just let us lose this market as well so that we are behind on the whole planet"

shikamaru317 said:

It just seems like I never get matched with a good team in Halo games. I'd say at least 6/10 games I'm the top player on the losing team and one of the top 3 players overall, but those losses keep me from achieving the rank I feel I deserve. I hate how you can work your butt off carrying a crappy team, be the top player overall between both teams, and then lose a rank. Halo has been like that since Halo 2 and it just drives me crazy. You shouldn't have to either have skilled friends or be in a good clan to get a good rank. It wouldn't be so bad if they brought back the Halo 3 feature that let you stay matched with your current team, I used that quite extensively in Halo 3 and it allowed me to get a pretty good rank. In the Halo 5 beta though I was getting some pretty crappy matches and because of that only managed to reach Gold 3 (the equivalent of Platinum 3 in the final ranking system), and I feel like I'm at least an Onyx 2 beta/Diamond 2 final player.

Well, your enemies in the opposite team shouldn't be really better than the guys in your team most of the time since you are all the same skill level. If you are better than the average on this level then you will win more than you lose as team. Sure, it may take longer as if everyone would be rated seperately but it's still the better system since it doesn't reward players to play for their own stats and not the team.

Getting 20:10 isn't automatically better for a team as getting 18:12 kills if that means that your team dies 10x more (or does get less kills) because you didn't help the team and only your own stats with how you played. 

People start to waste time with camping and only waiting for moments which help their k/d, some people won't carry a flag if they think that they will die even if carying the flag some meters would help the team and so on...

Sure, you will get moments where you play against 4 guys of a clan or something and this won't be the case in your team if you play alone so that this might be a disadvantage from time to time (more on higher skill levels where you meet full teams more often) but we talk about competitive team matches here, it is the aim to get people to play together in clans or as friends and not alone. 

I as example play CS:GO often alone in compitetive matches so that I have moments where I get some randoms in my team and the opposite team consists of 5 players who know each other since years but it's only fair that I get punished for playing alone in a team game^^

shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:
I think ms really messed up having the halo console bundle being so expensive.its 500$ and its sitting at #12 on Amazon. If it was 400 it would sell so well. There is really no reason for it to be higher than 450.

Agreed, the limited edition should have been $450 and they really should have had a standard 500 GB black bundle for $350 as well. They're going to get Dominated by Sony in October NPD since Sony cut price.

We'll probably get another seasonal $50 cut right around Halo 5's launch, Sony is not going to dominate October NPD. The last 4 days will do insane XBO numbers and eat away at PS4's lead. It's too soon imo to call the month for one system or another.

Plus I still just can't get the fear out of the back of my head that Halo 5 is going to fail to meet expectations. We're so close to release! Just 10 more days without a screw-up and it'll be golden! Yet there are so many nitpicking things that just don't feel right. Like the review embargo is only one day before release. Halo MCC was 4 days before release and Halo 4 was 5 days before release. Plus this can't be a new policy like Sony (they do all review embargos 1 day in advance regardless of the game so that people can't predict flops or successes) because Forza 6 just last month had its review embargo end 7 days before release. The way they're handling it with sending out review copies and letting people stream 4 missions today, it really feels like they lack confidence in review scores. Let these early impressions from Halo fans sell up the game as being amazing and hide number scores till as late as possible.

I doubt and hope this isn't 343i's intention, but it's exactly how you'd want to handle release if your highly hyped game was less than stellar.

Or game length. Mission 1, 2, 3, and 8 are now out in the wild with a lot of playthroughs, and the average playthrough is only 100 minutes almost exactly. (averaged all videos I could find, some were on Legendary but I didn't separate by difficulty) That boiled down to an average of 25 minutes per mission which predicts the full game will be 6 hours and 15 minutes on average. I'm sure later missions will be longer on average but it's highly doubtful they're long enough to make Halo 5 as long as 1, 2, and 3. To be 9 hours and around previous games, the other 11 missions need to average 40 minutes. Perfectly doable, but that's 60% longer than the missions we've seen. It's worrying when you're in a position like me.

I've yet to buy an XBO, but I really really want to. Since its reveal in 2013 I've been saying I'll buy no matter what before Halo 5 releases. Did the exact same for the 360 and bought it summer 2007. Yet now release is just 10 days away and I'm not really in the position to be buying another system. Only way I can justify a purchase this holiday is if Halo 5 knocks it out of the park and I find a good deal. Can't help but over analysis the smallest details looking for info one way or another. That's how I found out about Forge's delay 4 days before anyone else. Which sucks, right now I want my analysis to be wrong! Only reviews on the 26th can put my worries to rest.

Tried Wasteland 2, so glad I resisted the urge to insta buy and Gamefly'd it instead. It's very much one of those games that belongs on PC imho. The controls are just way too shitty on consoles. I guess I will give it another shot Monday or Tuesday before sending it back.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

We'll probably get another seasonal $50 cut right around Halo 5's launch, Sony is not going to dominate October NPD. The last 4 days will do insane XBO numbers and eat away at PS4's lead. It's too soon imo to call the month for one system or another.

Plus I still just can't get the fear out of the back of my head that Halo 5 is going to fail to meet expectations. We're so close to release! Just 10 more days without a screw-up and it'll be golden! Yet there are so many nitpicking things that just don't feel right. Like the review embargo is only one day before release. Halo MCC was 4 days before release and Halo 4 was 5 days before release. Plus this can't be a new policy like Sony (they do all review embargos 1 day in advance regardless of the game so that people can't predict flops or successes) because Forza 6 just last month had its review embargo end 7 days before release. The way they're handling it with sending out review copies and letting people stream 4 missions today, it really feels like they lack confidence in review scores. Let these early impressions from Halo fans sell up the game as being amazing and hide number scores till as late as possible.

I doubt and hope this isn't 343i's intention, but it's exactly how you'd want to handle release if your highly hyped game was less than stellar.

Or game length. Mission 1, 2, 3, and 8 are now out in the wild with a lot of playthroughs, and the average playthrough is only 100 minutes almost exactly. (averaged all videos I could find, some were on Legendary but I didn't separate by difficulty) That boiled down to an average of 25 minutes per mission which predicts the full game will be 6 hours and 15 minutes on average. I'm sure later missions will be longer on average but it's highly doubtful they're long enough to make Halo 5 as long as 1, 2, and 3. To be 9 hours and around previous games, the other 11 missions need to average 40 minutes. Perfectly doable, but that's 60% longer than the missions we've seen. It's worrying when you're in a position like me.

I've yet to buy an XBO, but I really really want to. Since its reveal in 2013 I've been saying I'll buy no matter what before Halo 5 releases. Did the exact same for the 360 and bought it summer 2007. Yet now release is just 10 days away and I'm not really in the position to be buying another system. Only way I can justify a purchase this holiday is if Halo 5 knocks it out of the park and I find a good deal. Can't help but over analysis the smallest details looking for info one way or another. That's how I found out about Forge's delay 4 days before anyone else. Which sucks, right now I want my analysis to be wrong! Only reviews on the 26th can put my worries to rest.

I'm a tad worried about 5's scores too but the mp will rock, unless it launches like mcc. Also people assume blue team will get 7-8 of the missions.. I've heard rumblings about that and they arnt good.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Finally finished Metal Gear main story. Took me a lot longer than I expected. Played 47 main missions (out of 50) and 75 side missions (out of 157). The side missions are just repetitive, don't be impressed by their number. Only 10-15 of them are important, the rest is just to power up your base/organization.
Great game. The only problem is that I always get lost on the story when I play Metal Gear game even though I end up liking it, don't ask me how! I still don't know who's who!

Now, I'll move to Heart and Stones. I'll finish it before Halo if I don't over play Gwent.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Finally finished Metal Gear main story. Took me a lot longer than I expected. Played 47 main missions (out of 50) and 75 side missions (out of 157). The side missions are just repetitive, don't be impressed by their number. Only 10-15 of them are important, the rest is just to power up your base/organization.
Great game. The only problem is that I always get lost on the story when I play Metal Gear game even though I end up liking it, don't ask me how! I still don't know who's who!

Now, I'll move to Heart and Stones. I'll finish it before Halo if I don't over play Gwent.

Haha I have the same exact problem. I didn't understand much after playing MGS4, but still liked it. Guess I won't understand more when playing MGS5 either.

You can get Assassin's Creed: Unity and Project Spark free with every Xbox One bundle currently available at Microsoftstore.com

Bundles available now: Gears bundle, Forza bundle, Lego bundle, Madden bundle, and Fifa bundle.

EA bundles have great value because they come with one year of EA Access.
With every bundle you get Fifa/Madden, Assassin's Creed, Project Spark, Dragon Age*, TitanFall*, Plants of Zombies: Garden Warfare*, Battlefield 4*, Battlefield: Hardline*, Need for Speed*, Peggle 2*, UFC*, and other older sports games. You also get 10% discount from EA products.

hudsoniscool said:
shikamaru317 said:

My only issue with the ranking system is that it's based on wins instead of individual performance. For those like myself who usually play with randoms, it's pretty hard to win consistently. I can only hope that the option to stay matched up with your current team returns from Halo 3 so we can stay with a good team when we find one, that feature was missing from Halo:MCC which was highly disappointing.

That's understandable, but I disagree.  It's a team game, winning is king. if it was individual performance people would team kill for weapons and be mad campers so as not to get negative points for death. It would also discourage coordination. This way it's the most enjoyable and competitive in game experience possible. There's always ffa for the people who don't like it.

I mainly played solo in reaches arena, and in 12 season I was top 20 percent onyx(the highest rank tier) for 12 straight seasons(played 1000+ matches in that mode). Obviously I will try to pull a team together when I can. For a few good friends, and one who is better than most 'pros'. 

Agreed but the team matchup Shik is talking about hopefully returns